[Q] Wifi problem

Search This thread

mkamal1

Mar 9, 2014
i have a kindle fire first generation rooted with android 4.4 cm11
the problem is that i cant connect to my wifi when i connect it says failed to connect to network but i used wifi one day before
please help me help help

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Have you tried rebooting WiFi router?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Unplug wifi router from power, wait 30secs, reconnect to power

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

kev716

Aug 21, 2013
Maybe

It's weird but since upgrading to CWM 11 when logging onto my wifi long-pressing letters to get numbers will not work. It shows the numbers but still won't log me in until I switch to the symbols keyboard. For everything else the long-pressing works like normal.

yattaro

Jun 27, 2013
Metairie
Kit Kat is weird about keyboards on the Kindle Fire. Mine sometimes runs out of RAM and kills the keyboard. Later systemui altogether. For the WiFi problem, I have seen the same problem at school. Reboot both the router and the Kindle. That usually clears it up for me.

BTW, not trying to steal the moderators' jobs or be rude but this is the wrong section. Questions belong in the Kindle Fire Q&A section.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
I am a little fuzzy on the nothing happens thing. lol

Can you see the router on the kindle? Can you see the kindle on the router? What is your encryption scheme? Can you shut it off and see if the kindle connects?

Troubleshooting wifi generally is researching broadcast, receiving, and encryption. If the kindle is broadcasting, the router is receiving, and it will not connect without encryption, then it is a hardware problem.

mkamal1

Mar 9, 2014
I can connect to my network using wps button cannot with password.It says failed to connect to network

Sent from my GT-S6102 using XDA Free mobile app

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I can connect to my network using wps button cannot with password.It says failed to connect to network

turn off security on router, and retry.
If that works, you need to change security type, to match what the kindle is capable of using.

mkamal1

Mar 9, 2014
But i was able to connect to network in past with same security and settings

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
But i was able to connect to network in past with same security and settings

On the kindle, clear the network. I think it says,"forget network." Then set it up again. I had this happen back when I was using Jellybean. I speculate that the file gets corrupted and kindle does not want to overwrite it.