5,604,631 Members 40,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KK][ ARC/S / Pro ] [ ION ] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.2] [anzu] GCC4.8 Linaro+ART optimizations

Tip us?

pokemon1122
Old
Thanks Meter 43
It's been 4hrs since the fresh install with included kernel. Can see noticeable improvement in the speed while compared to the state 4hrs back.

Couple of points -
- still I can feel certain lags in animation while compared to its previous version. I tried multiple home launchers with default performance configurations but cannot see much difference. Ram mgmt, I will have to check in detail.

- messaging service is always on for some reason. I checked the MMS.apk versions between last and this build and found they are same. Can you please check?

- Features point of view this version is better and neat performance wise can't say that. Battery - I will report tomorrow.

mman1982
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi,

Is there any chance for this rom with kexec?

acasmc
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Just wanted to ask, how often is this rom updated? Daily? Weekly?
Thanks.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

3andala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 819

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by acasmc View Post
Just wanted to ask, how often is this rom updated? Daily? Weekly?
Thanks.

its updated when i have free time

cheers

Android 4.4.2

32GB HSPA+ - Android 4.4.2

MY BUILT ROMS

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3andala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acasmc
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Thanks.
Hoping to see update soon, where mail app fc is solved. And wifi failed to reconnect to known network. Beside that, ROM is excellent.

3andala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 819

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks.
Hoping to see update soon, where mail app fc is solved. And wifi failed to reconnect to known network. Beside that, ROM is excellent.

about WiFi try if u disable WiFi & enable it then connect works perfect or another bug ?! (as its known cm 11.0 bug)

Android 4.4.2

MY BUILT ROMS

acasmc
Old
Thanks Meter 27
For me sometimes it wont reconnect. Possibly because I have two separate networks in my house. So I guess wifi gets confused sometimes. As far as mail bug, wasn't really aware of that. Didn't use Arc S for quite some time until now. Any workaround for that? Gmail crashes also. :-/

3andala
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 819

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
For me sometimes it wont reconnect. Possibly because I have two separate networks in my house. So I guess wifi gets confused sometimes. As far as mail bug, wasn't really aware of that. Didn't use Arc S for quite some time until now. Any workaround for that? Gmail crashes also. :-/

about Gmail its webiew bug wish mike to fix too i dunno if its not crash in any cm-11.0 rom but i think so

Android 4.4.2

MY BUILT ROMS

kelvinhin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
It is a smooth rom. If GB is 100% smooth, it is 80% (ICS is 75% at most). However, it is still not fully stable, I installed this from for 1 day, and my phone was suddenly restarted for 2 times. Moreover, it do not provide transparent statusbar in home screen. Without these two bugs, it is still a good rom for my daily use.

pokemon1122
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinhin View Post
It is a smooth rom. If GB is 100% smooth, it is 80% (ICS is 75% at most). However, it is still not fully stable, I installed this from for 1 day, and my phone was suddenly restarted for 2 times. Moreover, it do not provide transparent statusbar in home screen. Without these two bugs, it is still a good rom for my daily use.
transparent statusbar - Go to Performance Control > Edit Build.prop > Change of 'ro.config.low_ram=false' > reboot

About restarts. I never found this issue with included kernel. Have a fresh install after full wipe and check.

About lag, I agree, but you can check earlier version of the Vanir, that was I would say close to 90% or more

The Following User Says Thank You to pokemon1122 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.4.2, aosp, kitkat, offical, vanir