Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia S Rom Question

Tip us?
 
DjTony90
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 357
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default Xperia S Rom Question

Hello! I dont know if my question is SILLY or something like that but i have the phone 2-3 days now...

which is the best stable & fast rom ? i am now on EXISTENZ and it is good but i need something MORE SMOOTH...

im on LOCKED BL & i wanna know if i can flash any AOSP 4.4.2 rom...

Sorry if i double post it...
 
YoungFiire
Old
#2  
YoungFiire's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 75
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTony90 View Post
Hello! I dont know if my question is SILLY or something like that but i have the phone 2-3 days now...

which is the best stable & fast rom ? i am now on EXISTENZ and it is good but i need something MORE SMOOTH...

im on LOCKED BL & i wanna know if i can flash any AOSP 4.4.2 rom...

Sorry if i double post it...
You can't install AOSP 4.4.2 , you have to unlock your bootloader.
Roms you can install with locked Bootloader : Cm10 related ROMS and Stock based Roms
 
DjTony90
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 357
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungFiire View Post
You can't install AOSP 4.4.2 , you have to unlock your bootloader.
Roms you can install with locked Bootloader : Cm10 related ROMS and Stock based Roms
i cant install 4.4.2 CM at all ? only 4.3 or 4.2.2 ?
 
YoungFiire
Old
#4  
YoungFiire's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 75
Join Date: Dec 2012
Not even 4.3 or 4.2.2 , if you want that you'll have to unlock your bootloader

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk
 
franklin93
Old
#5  
franklin93's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 236
Posts: 593
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Heart of India-Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTony90 View Post
i cant install 4.4.2 CM at all ? only 4.3 or 4.2.2 ?
u can install after unlock bootloader.u can relock anytime anyways,so go ahead and try the kitkat.dont use as daily driver if u need camera and video recorder.both work good but no good as stock.cm10 has been made to work with locked bootloaders.so there are some cm10 based roms that u can try with locked bootloader.just read before u flash happy flashing new roms.its fun
XPERIA S WITH Z2 styled fx rom,best rom for the phone based on stock jb

I AM HERE TO HELP AND LEARN
PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU


PHONE IS STOLEN

 
abrarmazhar
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Thumbs up Nandroid backup and no OS

1) if i made a nandroid backup n during a installation a custom der i wipe the data also so does my nandroid backup also erases? as it is in sd card i use Xperia S

2) wat if during a ROM installation sum error coocurs n i already have wiped out everything? n i am left wit no OS?
thnx
 
nisu4717
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 554
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: vidhya nagar
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrarmazhar View Post
1) if i made a nandroid backup n during a installation a custom der i wipe the data also so does my nandroid backup also erases? as it is in sd card i use Xperia S

2) wat if during a ROM installation sum error coocurs n i already have wiped out everything? n i am left wit no OS?
thnx
1@ dont earese sd card/internal storage. And your backup should be ok.
2@ do a restore nandroid up you hav.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to nisu4717 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
abrarmazhar
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisu4717 View Post
1@ dont earese sd card/internal storage. And your backup should be ok.
2@ do a restore nandroid up you hav.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
1) brother would i get OTA updates for xperia s eXistenZ Ultra if i flashed it or manually i have to flash updates to it.....
2) n the package i got for downloading was 4 about 528MB in size is it correct???

thnx bro.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Give Your Android Wear Device a Lock Screen with Lockable

Without a doubt,Android Wear is one of the most frequently talked abouttopics of … more

Forums Added for the LG G Watch R and Samsung Gear S

A little over a week ago, LG “inadvertently” let the world know about the … more

Secrecy App Goes Open Source, New LG Android Wear Device! – XDA Developer TV

Secrecy encryption app goes open source! That and much … more

Pushbullet Updated with SMS Send Ability

Pushbullet is one of thoseapplications that every Android lover should have installed on his or … more