5,604,292 Members 48,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Telegram, the secure chat client.

Tip us?

nor-ric
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoubij View Post
If the contact still doesnt show, go to telegram and in settings below you ll find log out. Log out then log back in

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks pal. It worked!
They should implement this in a better way, though. This is very important: if people don't see an increasing contact list, it's likely that they leave telegram. The logout is probably not neessary: the contact would have eventually showed up after a reboot (I think), but at least they should point you to the general settings to tick the phonebook autosync.

mcwong644
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nor-ric View Post
Thanks pal. It worked!
They should implement this in a better way, though. This is very important: if people don't see an increasing contact list, it's likely that they leave telegram. The logout is probably not neessary: the contact would have eventually showed up after a reboot (I think), but at least they should point you to the general settings to tick the phonebook autosync.
Had the same problem, I added the international country code with the + sign to the contact and Telegram will pick that up.

nor-ric
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwong644 View Post
Had the same problem, I added the international country code with the + sign to the contact and Telegram will pick that up.
Well, telegram did pick up the contacts on the first run. It just didn't have autosync, so it didn't pick up those contacts that installed telegram later. Once I switched on autosync, it did pick up the new contact that had installed telegram in the meanwhile. I don't think in my case the issue is the country code.

Barracuda77777
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by nor-ric View Post
Well, telegram did pick up the contacts on the first run. It just didn't have autosync, so it didn't pick up those contacts that installed telegram later. Once I switched on autosync, it did pick up the new contact that had installed telegram in the meanwhile. I don't think in my case the issue is the country code.
I think they were talking also about the fact if you had in your contacts the mobile numbers with out the international code you I'll end with doubles so by adding the int code then there is no double ups.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
My current Devices:
Nexus 4 | 4.4.2 Omni
Nexus 5 | 4.4.2 Omni
Nexus 7 | 4.4.2 SlimKat with All-F2FS
LG G Pad 8.3

nor-ric
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I don't have the international code in my contacts and telegram correctly recognizes them and doesn't create doubles. It just adds an option to the contact, to send a text with telegram (same as whatsapp does).

wilflare
Old
Thanks Meter 53
having issues with this
was updating the names of my contacts, no matter what I can't get the changes updated in Telegram.
- I have tried syncing but it does not work

I accidentally deleted one contact - is there anyway to get it back on Telegram?

_artem_
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare View Post
having issues with this
was updating the names of my contacts, no matter what I can't get the changes updated in Telegram.
- I have tried syncing but it does not work

I accidentally deleted one contact - is there anyway to get it back on Telegram?
No way to get it back, relogin to see changes (you will lose all the secret chats)
The Following User Says Thank You to _artem_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wilflare
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
No way to get it back, relogin to see changes (you will lose all the secret chats)
that's bad.. very bad. I deleted my friend by accident... so there's no way to get her back?

I tried relogin before but it did not work... it's stuck no matter what.

wpkwolfseye
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Nice, using an alternative for WHATSAPP thats not only created by people that made the russian Facebook Clone VK (of course no interest in data, no!) and then from a country that doesn't even have privacy laws. Very secure. Go ahead !

Wolfseye
DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
ROM: Omega ROM v16
KERNEL:
BASEBAND: N7100XXDLK5
PREVIOUS DEVICES: Samsung Galaxy SII-9100G | Motorola Backflip | Motorola Defy @ 2.3.6 MIUI

Thank you to all the Android ROM Developers for all their work & effort to make things better for us.

_artem_
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpkwolfseye View Post
Nice, using an alternative for WHATSAPP thats not only created by people that made the russian Facebook Clone VK (of course no interest in data, no!) and then from a country that doesn't even have privacy laws. Very secure. Go ahead !

Wolfseye
Don't trust crap which is shown on tv. Obama was the first sucker who cried that Putin isn't right. But keep in mind that was America who used African people as slaves, it is America which occupied most of the Muslim countries, American cops shoot kids just for holding a game controller in their hands. Russia tries to protect their own people (if you didn't know most of the Ukrainians speak Russian and not Ukrainian). I have many friends in Ukraine and they say that even their own tv and press tell nonsense which isn't true. It only shows that berkut (kinda swat team) are beasts but those soldiers had a command given by their government not to attack people, and those soldiers just stood while Ukrainian extremists shoot and burned them. Most of those berkut soldiers who survived fight now for Russia against those extremistic opposition which unleashed a civil war because their government betrayed them. Over 60% of Ukraine is pro Russia and they are happy that Russia protects them with its military.
So stop talking sh*t when you have no idea what's going on.

The Following User Says Thank You to _artem_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]