[Q] cust-reset.ta

Search This thread

hosseinzfff

Nov 6, 2012
what is cust-reset.ta ?:eek: is this ftf dangerous and may cause brick my phone? please help me...

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,947
Last edited:

Cigaras

Nov 19, 2010
Vilnius
Excluding it isn't hard, but how to know what does it do? What does it reset? Why do everyone say to exclude it and nobody says why? Why is it available to be included then?

JustPlayingHard

Jul 1, 2013
I think it stands for Customer Reset TA. It just resets ta I think

Sent from Xperia Z1 - Customized Rooted by a smartarse 13 Year old - Hehe

pranciskus2

Dec 29, 2015
Questioner

Can someone explain detailed who knows very well what is fota and cust.reset.ta because I can't find any information of it? :)

iedafarha

Feb 19, 2012
Cheras
Can someone explain detailed who knows very well what is fota and cust.reset.ta because I can't find any information of it? :)

some info and best answer about cust_reset.ta here
fota - partition called FOTAKernel that is used for installing official FOTA (firmware-over-the-air) updates. After unlocking your bootloader this partition becomes redundant, because you cannot use OTA function anymore.

Last edited:

pranciskus2

Dec 29, 2015
fota - partition called FOTAKernel that is used for installing official FOTA (firmware-over-the-air) updates. After unlocking your bootloader this partition becomes redundant, because you cannot use OTA function anymore.
And there no way to recover OTA function after bootloader's unlocking? If I need to take my phone to service, if I relock bootloader, they can see that my phone has not OTAs and I will lose my warranty?

Reactions: iedafarha

pranciskus2

Dec 29, 2015
Reactions: Mahennemaha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

what is cust-reset.ta ?:eek: is this ftf dangerous and may cause brick my phone? please help me...

Exclude TA, on right side. And check if cust-reset.ta is still there.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    i do it... i dont see cust-reset.ta

Excluding TA, means cust-reset.ta won't be flashed. If you worried about cust-reset.ta, you can exclude it. Then flash it. :)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    And there no way to recover OTA function after bootloader's unlocking? If I need to take my phone to service, if I relock bootloader, they can see that my phone has not OTAs and I will lose my warranty?

Warranty depends on regions... In many regions, they don't check whether bl is relocked ...