Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone freezes at Homescreen and goes into a reboot loop

Tip us?

pakora
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone freezes at Homescreen and goes into a reboot loop

Samsung Galaxy S i 9000 keeps rebooting after booting up to the homescreen. I don't know why this happened as this phone is in my brother's use, he says that it started happening right after he cleared the cache from Google Chorme. The phone is on 4.1 custom rom, TAJB something running Devil Kernel. What I have tried so far; *Rebooting phone without memory card. *Wiping Delvik cache *deleted Google Chrome files from the recovery file manager. Nothing has helped so far, I believe some data in the phone has corrupted which freezes the phone a couple seconds are booting up. Any help would be appreciated.

rasm523
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakora View Post
Samsung Galaxy S i 9000 keeps rebooting after booting up to the homescreen. I don't know why this happened as this phone is in my brother's use, he says that it started happening right after he cleared the cache from Google Chorme. The phone is on 4.1 custom rom, TAJB something running Devil Kernel. What I have tried so far; *Rebooting phone without memory card. *Wiping Delvik cache *deleted Google Chrome files from the recovery file manager. Nothing has helped so far, I believe some data in the phone has corrupted which freezes the phone a couple seconds are booting up. Any help would be appreciated.
Usually wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik is the way to try and fix those problems. But if you do a "wipe data", you will loose all user data/apps/sms, which you should backup beforehand (with titanium backup, sms backup and restore etc). But since the phone doesn't boot, you can't do that. So i recommend only wiping cache and dalvik flashing another rom on top of it. If you can't find the old rom, you should at least stay within jelly bean (cm10.2 for example).