XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL][4.4.2][3.4 Kernel] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies

Tip us?

Moody66
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukondamahesh View Post
can plz look into battery drain issue.... battery drain is very high ....added to that ...battery drain even during shut down......if it is due to camera can you plz tell us how to disable it ....are can we get a separate rom (only if dose not take much time to make it i knw because such pain .......to make it ) with out camera atleast for few days untill every thing gets ok as far as i think plp use it mainly for video chatting only ..........
thank you
Have a read on the known battery issues caused by kit kat itself with camera use. http://www.ibtimes.com/google-workin...-chips-1559771
The Following User Says Thank You to Moody66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinukondamahesh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody66 View Post
Have a read on the known battery issues caused by kit kat itself with camera use. http://www.ibtimes.com/google-workin...-chips-1559771
thank you

_Dorregaray_
Old
Thanks Meter 1058

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody66 View Post
This issue is not applicable to the touchpad - we're using older camera api and have no mm-qcamera-daemon. I've solved a battery drain issue in the touchpad camerahal recently so ask the ROM creator to sync with the camerahal sources.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to _Dorregaray_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mpgrimm2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1038
FYI:
[INFO] My HP TP Data/Media Recovery, Rom Notes + Install Guide is up at XDA and Rootz as reference if needed and is linked in my signature.

If the devs have a moment, it would be nice to get some feedback on Post 2: Data/media Build Recovery Notes and especially the end of Post 5: Current ROM installation "Updater-Scripts" Notes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mpgrimm2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mpgrimm2
Old
(Last edited by mpgrimm2; 13th March 2014 at 01:13 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1038
While testing Jc's new CWM DM 6.0.4.7, I decide to recheck the wifi Tether option.

Are there any changes that can be made to the kernels in the 4.4 Data Media Builds to allow it to see Ad-Hoc connections again?
(or a file/klog etc that would be useful?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpgrimm2
- Flashed Jc's Cwm 10.1 w/3.0 kernel & Gapps.
(Connects to my N5 WiFi tether as ad-hoc IBSS network)

- Flashed Milaq's Cwm 10.2 DM w/2.6 kernel & Gapps.
(Connects to my N5 WiFi tether as ad-hoc IBSS network)

- Flashed Milaq's Cwm 11 DM w/3.0 kernel & Gapps.
(cant see my N5 WiFi tether at all)

- Flashed Invisiblek's Cwm 11 DM w/3.4 kernel & Gapps.

- Flashed Flintman's Evervolv 4.4kk DM w/3.4 kernel & Gapps.

The following OTG ID Pin Activation bug is also in all of the 3.x Kernel Data Media builds. See Post 3 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimm2 View Post
Time to summarize my USB OTG reboot testing:

USB OTG doesn't work quite right for me (yet) on Jc's Cm10.1 3.x kernel builds and causes an instant reboot when plugging in the OTG/ID pin cable (I usually leave the usb receiver in the port).

Scenario 1 - Usb Mouse receiver plugged into Full size port on my Touchpad (power and data connected). Then plug in the otg cable/i.d. pin shorting plug into oem microUSB port (activates OTG) and TP reboots.

Scenario 2 - Plug in the otg cable/i.d. pin shorting plug into oem microUSB port (activates OTG). Then plug in Usb Mouse receiver into Fullsize port on my Touchpad (power and data connected) and OTG works without a reboot.

** Scenario 1 reboots occur on:
- cm-10.1-20140125-EXPERIMENTAL-3KERN_TEST
- cm-10.1-20140105-EXPERIMENTAL-3KERN_TEST

** No reboot issues on prior snapshot/VPN 2.x kernel*builds:
- cm-10.1-20131210-SNAPSHOT-VPN
- cm-10.1-20131121-SNAPSHOT-BLUETOOTH

I think this is the last kmsg or klog from the 1/25/14 3.x kernel test if it helps (and JcSullins sees it?)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7qkn1pd51tdrkh/last_klog

McBeanTIO
Old
Thanks Meter 10
So we're entering in to two weeks with no real posts or updates into this thread. Has anyone herd from invisible or anything? I know the daily builds are occurring, and there are new commits, but I can't quite wrap my head around the nuances of all the commits.

Anyone know what's going on?

Kind of curious about the progress towards resolving the screen of death nonsense, as that continues to persist - and seems to lead into battery drain going through the roof once the screen locks up. (Observation/opinion - wouldn't say it is hard fact.)

Anybody? Bueller? Anyone?

--McBean
The Following User Says Thank You to McBeanTIO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Moody66
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeanTIO View Post
So we're entering in to two weeks with no real posts or updates into this thread. Has anyone herd from invisible or anything? I know the daily builds are occurring, and there are new commits, but I can't quite wrap my head around the nuances of all the commits.

Anyone know what's going on?

Kind of curious about the progress towards resolving the screen of death nonsense, as that continues to persist - and seems to lead into battery drain going through the roof once the screen locks up. (Observation/opinion - wouldn't say it is hard fact.)

Anybody? Bueller? Anyone?

--McBean
Was wondering the same thing. Will flash over tonight and see how it does. Everyone has Been quiet in this one for too long. Lol

jerryatherton
Old
Thanks Meter 173
I think he maintains the ROM pretty well. He is the maintainer of the CM11 on the phone I have. Invisiblek is not real active in the thread but i do think he keeps it current. I have a tablet for each of the CM11 ROMs and one for Evervolv.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app
JERRYA
Tablet: LENOVA K1 CM10.1 by KASCHEMME.
HP TOUCHPAD KK 4.4 AOSP ,EVERVOLV by FLINTMAN
HP TOUCHPAD CM 11 KK 4.4 by MILAQ or INVISIBLEK
Phone: HTC DNA MOONSHINED
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryatherton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinukondamahesh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
if he provide the changes he made for every rom then it will be useful ...
wat i found battery drain is better than before and camera is working with native app

McBeanTIO
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Info 2 Download site is down

Anyone else notice that the download site for the CM11 builds has gone down?

I pinged invisible over mail a moment ago, so we'll see what comes up.

--McBean