5,603,981 Members 45,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 D801 (Claro PR Variant) rooting?

Tip us?

omegajester
Old
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy33 View Post
hi every one; i would like to know how to install a rom on lg g2 from claro in puerto rico i tried every thing and nothing work for me. maybe am doing something wrong dont know. any help is very appreciated.

Try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611749

Mess with the best, die like the rest
The Following User Says Thank You to omegajester For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Landy33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry thanks

thanks soo much i will try it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegajester View Post
Try this

alexsoin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegajester View Post
Try this

omegajester, could you please post the link for TMO US ROM enabling WiFi calling? I recently changed my job and there's no reception in the building I really really love the way I set up my LG G2 with CleanROM and several tweeks (like G2 exposed, Gravity Box and so forth), it's the most stable and complete solution, ~1Gb of free RAM, 100% satisfied and for the first time in my life and don't want to adjust or change everything, even don't want to buy any other newer phone. But I gotta have an ability to make calls at work!

"Don't waste your time or time will waste you!" MUSE
My android history - Galaxy S, HTC One S, Nexus 4, HTC Evo 4G V, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and LG G2

"DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR TIME WILL WASTE YOU!" MUSE

yuukimoonstar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
no one yet with stock kit kat rom?

alexsoin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuukimoonstar View Post
no one yet with stock kit kat rom?
I flashed Energy ROM and furnace kernel for D803 based on stock TMO firmware but 4.2.2! Strongly recommend it especially if you like dark themes and need wifi calling. Free RAM is ~900 Mb which is great, battery drainage is way better than on stock TMO but a bit worse than on CleanROM. I think custom 4.4 ROMs will appear shortly (including Energy ROM). It's too complicated to get 4.4 stock TMO even on D801 so I won't be even trying with my ClaroPR. You can try to play with CM nighties or SlimROMs with 4.4 but always double check compatibility and back up before flashing anything. Nothing is worse than bricked cell Good luck and keep us posted

"Don't waste your time or time will waste you!" MUSE
My android history - Galaxy S, HTC One S, Nexus 4, HTC Evo 4G V, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and LG G2

The Following User Says Thank You to alexsoin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dani01c
Old
Thanks Meter 58
It's just depressing that everyone has KitKat in their phones except Claro... Yet Claro has the least bloatware of them all. The only reason I use my G2 over my N5 is when I need more battery and better camera.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

alexsoin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani01c View Post
It's just depressing that everyone has KitKat in their phones except Claro... Yet Claro has the least bloatware of them all. The only reason I use my G2 over my N5 is when I need more battery and better camera.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
actually there's tons of AOSP ROM based on 4.4 for Claro PR/Canadian versions...

I wonder if I'll benefit something updating to 4.4? I've never been happier about the performance of my cell. I have 4.2.2 Energy ROM based on stock TMO with D803 furnace kernel. Energy is dark-themed and debloated! A bit of work in G2 Exposed, Gravitybox and G2 Settings and I have an ideal phone with AOSP lockscreen with 8-position ring, everything is transparent and white icons (just like in KitKat), nothing reminds me that I have CLaro PR and use it on TMO US LTE flies, WiFi calling works perfectly, GPS is ultraresponsive and incredible battery which never let you down!

The Following User Says Thank You to alexsoin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dani01c
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsoin View Post
actually there's tons of AOSP ROM based on 4.4 for Claro PR/Canadian versions...

I wonder if I'll benefit something updating to 4.4? I've never been happier about the performance of my cell. I have 4.2.2 Energy ROM based on stock TMO with D803 furnace kernel. Energy is dark-themed and debloated! A bit of work in G2 Exposed, Gravitybox and G2 Settings and I have an ideal phone with AOSP lockscreen with 8-position ring, everything is transparent and white icons (just like in KitKat), nothing reminds me that I have CLaro PR and use it on TMO US LTE flies, WiFi calling works perfectly, GPS is ultraresponsive and incredible battery which never let you down!
I meant the stock ROM update. Every company has pushed the update except for Claro. Yet Claro has the least bloatware.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

alexsoin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani01c View Post
I meant the stock ROM update. Every company has pushed the update except for Claro. Yet Claro has the least bloatware.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
As far as I remember there's a lot of bloatware on Claro's stock and some programs couldn't be uninstalled even after root and by RootApDelete or apps like that. Flash a custom ROM and enjoy both 4.4 and full customisation

Uniquetx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default claryfing doubts

Hello, first of all i just want to say thanks to those who have a brilliant mind and an willing to pass some of that to people like me

Well, i just adquired a G2 pr/claro version, i live in Venezuela, the phone is great, but since i came from nexus device (my last was the n5) i just cant stop trying the awesome roms that i find here, plus the claro boot image is just annoying, i have 4G (as amazing as it can be) so i have read that some of you like the 4g and other the LTE, im ok with all of them, so according to what i read i want to know if what i am about to do is ok

- the best recovery that brings less problems is the TWRP?

- If i want any custom rom/stock flashable rom for the d801 it will works as long as i flash right after the rom the stock kernel or any kernel for the d803?

- I really like the stock rom, but i would like to of course remove the crappy claro boot animation, and also the lots of bars and sliders, so what roms can you recommend?

Thanks, thanks to all of you for your info, tips, guides, and everything, greetings from venezuela. sorry if there is any mispelled word

Tags
claro puerto rico, d801, root help