[Q] Please help. Need to downgrade

Search This thread

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah
I upgraded my note to 4.4.2 with freeza rom. I have my phone flashed to a different service provider (other then sprint) I found out that 4.4.2 is not compatible with the flash. Anytime my device is flashed then my phone has no service. It has a red x on the service bars. If I can downgrade my phone then I will regain service and be able to use my device. If I can't downgrade then you can say I just have a paper weight.

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
I upgraded my note to 4.4.2 with freeza rom. I have my phone flashed to a different service provider (other then sprint) I found out that 4.4.2 is not compatible with the flash. Anytime my device is flashed then my phone has no service. It has a red x on the service bars. If I can downgrade my phone then I will regain service and be able to use my device. If I can't downgrade then you can say I just have a paper weight.

From what I have read, it is possible (not confirmed), you need to flash the engineered bootloader, then you can downgrade to na4 and then back to mj4...i have not seen anyone try it yet, you might be the first to try... Check out freezas threads and follow them. I believe if you read the leak thread he created, the steps are there. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630514

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah
From what I have read, it is possible (not confirmed), you need to flash the engineered bootloader, then you can downgrade to na4 and then back to mj4...i have not seen anyone try it yet, you might be the first to try... Check out freezas threads and follow them. I believe if you read the leak thread he created, the steps are there. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630514

I will try anything right now. Can you please point me in the right direction with a link. Thanks so much

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
Added to the bottom of my post..

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

You are going to need the engineered bootloader first, then you might be able to down grade to the na4, once you do that, hopefully it will let you go back to mj4... I'll grab a couple more links for you...

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Here is the link to wilcos engineered bl.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2657893

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I can't seem to find them from my phone, if you do a search in the threads, look for na4 tar and mj4 tar, if you can successfully get back to na4, you will need to flash mj4 twice, after the second flash, go straight into stock recovery and do a wipe and then it will start back up... Like I said, best of luck man. And read the forums, you don't want to risk bricking.

Last edited:

TTmaster99

Aug 4, 2007
Shyne888,

You're on Boost Mobile right? You upgrade to 4.4.2 and you have completely no signal right? You can't go back to older bootloader, samsung made sure of that.

But you can downgrade your MODEM to get the signal back.

This is stock MI3 modem for SM-N900P Model. http://goo.gl/W0f3Za

Reactions: Shyne888

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah
Added to the bottom of my post..

I can't seem to find them from my phone, if you do a search in the threads, look for na4 tar and mj4 tar, if you can successfully get back to na4, you will need to flash mj4 twice, after the second flash, go straight into stock recovery and do a wipe and then it will start back up... Like I said, best of luck man. And read the forums, you don't want to risk bricking.

Thank you. I'm tryna figure out what slot in odin I flash these files in.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
Thank you. I'm tryna figure out what slot in odin I flash these files in.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

I use 3.09 Odin and seems to work best. If you are flashing bootloader put the file in bl, if you are flashing the mj4 or na4 put it in the ap slot. Search for Odin and you will find lots of info.

enzyme

Sep 30, 2008
Can you please keep us posted with your results. I am also having a little bit of flashers' remorse with the 4.4NAB. Already missing MiniN3 5.8 but I am glad to see Carbon and Slim for our phone. Very promising.

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
Can you please keep us posted with your results. I am also having a little bit of flashers' remorse with the 4.4NAB. Already missing MiniN3 5.8 but I am glad to see Carbon and Slim for our phone. Very promising.

Yea me to, loved minimaximus by MJ, he's working on a 4.4 rom, but curious to see if he's able to go all the way back.

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013

So what's the word man, you get it working?

Sent from my Note 3.....enjoy!

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah
Agreed. I've yet to get direct confirmation on this, but am keen to know.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
I haven't been able to attempt this yet as i still have a few questions. All i need to know is what slot the modem goes in in Odin. Some thing are saying that Odin is not the best to flash the modem. Is this information true and the file that was provided: would it be compatible with 4.4.2 stock that came from MJ4

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I haven't been able to attempt this yet as i still have a few questions. All i need to know is what slot the modem goes in in Odin. Some thing are saying that Odin is not the best to flash the modem. Is this information true and the file that was provided: would it be compatible with 4.4.2 stock that came from MJ4

Someone said Mobile Odin is not recommended for flashing modems. You should be using PC Odin to attempt this.

And...why do you need to know into what slot a modem goes?

I believe that the files that are part of this process are bootloaders, tar roms and pit files (if you're going from 4.3 to 4.4.2). Bootloader is contained in the complete rom builds NAB, NA4 and MJ4. No modem. The bootloader, if using, goes on bootloader slot. Rom goes in PDA slot.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

Reactions: Shyne888

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah
Someone said Mobile Odin is not recommended for flashing modems. You should be using PC Odin to attempt this.

I believe that the files that are part of this process are bootloaders, tar roms and pit files (if you're going from 4.3 to 4.4.2). Bootloader is contained in the complete rom builds NAB, NA4 and MJ4. No modem. The bootloader, if using, goes on bootloader slot. Rom goes in PDA slot.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

I asked because i felt that the modem was the problem from all that i have done and been thru wit this phone. Anyway...

I inserted the modem from the link provided on this thread. http://goo.gl/W0f3Za. (The post on this thread that provided the link to the MJ4 modem was no longer on their server/cloud.

I inserted the file in the phone slot and pressed start. Odin got stuck at first attempt. While the phone was stuck i closed Odin and held down the DL mode keys and reentered DL mode. I tried Odin again and it went thru. It reset and worked. I have call with text (No MMS or Data). Old texts that came when i was without service which was a week came back as well.

I encountered what seemed to be a hard brick thru out this process and with flashing CF Root thru Odin. My phone would show the recovery message and show the samsung logo and then it would boot loop and do that over and over. I wasn't able to boot into DL mode and i couldn't get it to stop automatically rebooting and do the same thing over again. I had to take the battery out. After leaving the battery out for 2 minutes the phone stopped auto booting and i was able to get the phone into DL mode.

Once i got into DL mode CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip file from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423 with the Odin file provided worked. The CF Root for this phone does not work for this phone for some reason.
@tonyevo52 @TTmaster99

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

My phone came on 4.3. But I'm already on 4.4.2. My problem was that updating to the Kit Kat update on a Sprint MVNO network would knock out service. And i have done a lot to try and fix this phone for the last week and this is the only thing that worked to get the service back. Two store i took the phone to couldn't get it to work. My question now is: Would this be the best modem for me to be on?

Reactions: micmars

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
My phone came on 4.3. But I'm already on 4.4.2. My problem was that updating to the Kit Kat update on a Sprint MVNO network would knock out service. And i have done a lot to try and fix this phone for the last week and this is the only thing that worked to get the service back. Two store i took the phone to couldn't get it to work. My question now is: Would this be the best modem for me to be on?

I think that you need to keep your eye out for Josh Beach and K3. I've heard that there's a universal install procedure that handles MVNOs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shyne888,

You're on Boost Mobile right? You upgrade to 4.4.2 and you have completely no signal right? You can't go back to older bootloader, samsung made sure of that.

But you can downgrade your MODEM to get the signal back.

This is stock MI3 modem for SM-N900P Model. http://goo.gl/W0f3Za
    This might help as well. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2672102

I hope this helps.

Good luck.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.