Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JohandeJong

Dec 29, 2010
Leeuwarden
Hallo,
Sorry for my English.
I'm a member for some time now and read a lot in forums about custom roms of my phones (Galaxy S1, S2, S3 and S4).
I do custom roms 4 years now. I read a lot of it, I do a lot with it, I help a lot of people with it (in Dutch forums).
Now I feel the need of helping people in some of the XDA forums but when I do a reply I get the message "New members (those with fewer than 10 posts) are not permitted to post to development-related forums".
So, how do I get that number of posts? I don't have specific questions and I don't want to spam this forum.
Well, this is post number one ;)

Reactions: Jaival

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Hallo,
Sorry for my English.
I'm a member for some time now and read a lot in forums about custom roms of my phones (Galaxy S1, S2, S3 and S4).
I do custom roms 4 years now. I read a lot of it, I do a lot with it, I help a lot of people with it (in Dutch forums).
Now I feel the need of helping people in some of the XDA forums but when I do a reply I get the message "New members (those with fewer than 10 posts) are not permitted to post to development-related forums".
So, how do I get that number of posts? I don't have specific questions and I don't want to spam this forum.

Welcome to XDA! most people are quiet about making a profile on here just for the sake of getting Roms so don't worry your not alone :) as for
"New members (those with fewer than 10 posts) are not permitted to post to development-related forums"
the point of it is for new Users to help others out or by posting their own Roms/themes etc before being able to post questions on a thread, it also helps keeping spam out of XDA. enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Mrunal_M_N

JohandeJong

Dec 29, 2010
Leeuwarden
Thanks for your reply.
As I sad, I don't want to spam the XDA forums. In some forums however I think I can help others.
Anyway, I filled in some (not too much for now ;) ) information in my profile and look for some threads I can do some posting in to achieve my 10 posts. This is number two :)

Mrunal_M_N

Jan 23, 2014
Help

Welcome to XDA! most people are quiet about making a profile on here just for the sake of getting Roms so don't worry your not alone :) as for
the point of it is for new Users to help others out or by posting their own Roms/themes etc before being able to post questions on a thread, it also helps keeping spam out of XDA. enjoy your stay!

Yes bro i can understand. But just wanted to know like after posting 10 post can i be able to post my suggestion on XDA development forums as i have done IT graduation too. And using Samsung Galaxy S2 from approx 2 yrs. And XDA had helped me from passed more than 1 yr for searching the new ROMs. And I had used may ROMs by now and now a days i am having time to post too. Hence would like to suggest few alterations to my developer friends regarding roms. Plse guide what can i do for it.....

Plse help...

Looking forward for the best reply. Thanks and cheers....

JohandeJong

Dec 29, 2010
Leeuwarden
Hello Mrunal_M_N, seems I'm not the only one haha.
I fully understand and respect the rules of the XDA forums.
I also used many roms and developed my own skills and after 4 years I know and understand rather a lot of the devices and the roms and now I feel the need to answer questions of noobs/new users but I can't because of the restriction.
For people like you and I we have to find a way to overcome the first 10 posts. This thread is one of my attempts.

JohandeJong

Dec 29, 2010
Leeuwarden
To be more specific on the roms. On the Galaxy S1 I had, in 2 years time, quite a lot of different Custom roms. Mostly Dutch in which I helped with theming. Now the device is a spare and on stock rom, rooted and lagfixed. Also used as mp3 player.
On the S2 I had a few Dutch roms and now the latest Omega rom. My S3 now also on the latest Omega rom. The Galaxy tab 3 8.0 still on stock but rooted. My S4, have it since 2 weeks, refused to accept latest Omega rom but succeeded in flashing Wanamlite 4.4.2 rom. That rom fortunately disabled the Samsung KNOX feature and gives me full function of the external sd-card. I am now very happy with Wanamlite and his Xposed module.

fastlane765

Jan 9, 2013
Middle Earth
I think this is one of the sentiments of us, who wants to input some ideas, like on how we experience some ROMs, but we can't share the experience because of the 10 post policy. :D anyway, i think this is my 6th post, hehehe. thanks for the thread.

JohandeJong

Dec 29, 2010
Leeuwarden
I think this is one of the sentiments of us, who wants to input some ideas, like on how we experience some ROMs, but we can't share the experience because of the 10 post policy. :D anyway, i think this is my 6th post, hehehe. thanks for the thread.
fastlane, you're welcome.....
yep, a little frustration this is. Fully understandable from the point of view of XDA however. Well.. spamming only one thread is not that bad I hope ;)

cookie_puss

Sep 6, 2011
Sioux City, IA
Hallo,
Sorry for my English.

I agree with you. It is hard to reach your 10 because everything that you want to comment on is restricted. I know by now I could be over 100 just by helping with troubleshooting but I cant. Have not reached that golden "10" yet.

JohandeJong

Dec 29, 2010
Leeuwarden
Just posting about xda :D
I want go to 10 post because i have question with custom rom for my xperia ion i've found from there, but from now i'll always open this forum to make better phone, and i dont want spam anymore :thumbup:
Sent from my Xperia ion using xda app-developers app
Well, I have many answers on custom roms but not for Xperia. I have Samsung Galaxy phones.
After this post I can really give the answers. Thank you.

VanDeSanders

Dec 24, 2013
i think it 's almost every new member problem xD,
maybe i can asking for answer in 'ask any questions' thread but too many people asking for solution there so you can't get you answer :(

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hallo,
    Sorry for my English.
    Hallo,
    Sorry for my English.

"New members (those with fewer than 10 posts) are not permitted to post to development-related forums"