FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[HELP] My default browser

9th March 2014, 05:31 PM |#1  
mrafi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hey, please help me! I can't open my default browser. Anyone know how to fix it?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrafi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
9th March 2014, 05:40 PM |#2  
a2441918's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3,491
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrafi

Hey, please help me! I can't open my default browser. Anyone know how to fix it?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Is ur phone rooted? If so, extract the browser.apk from /system/app from any stock rom zip and rewrite it in ur system/app with appropriate permissions and reboot.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th March 2014, 05:50 PM |#3  
mrafi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2441918

Is ur phone rooted? If so, extract the browser.apk from /system/app from any stock rom zip and rewrite it in ur system/app with appropriate permissions and reboot.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Of course my phone is rooted and i can't browsing. I've installed firefox but still FC.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app
9th March 2014, 06:24 PM |#4  
mrafi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Please help me i can't browsing on my phone

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app
10th March 2014, 04:24 AM |#5  
NightRaven49's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag most likely in school
Thanks Meter: 170
 
More
Permissions of browser.apk?

Make sure it is rw-r-r.

Sent because I <3 Aerith
10th March 2014, 05:40 AM |#6  
mrafi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven49

Permissions of browser.apk?

Make sure it is rw-r-r.

Sent because I <3 Aerith

Yes, of course the permissions is rw-r--r--. But still Force Close and also if i use other browser like firefox, UC Browser, Dolphin, etc its Force Close too. Please help me

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app
10th March 2014, 09:19 AM |#7  
TheFixItMan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,878
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrafi

Yes, of course the permissions is rw-r--r--. But still Force Close and also if i use other browser like firefox, UC Browser, Dolphin, etc its Force Close too. Please help me

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

best thing to do is flash stock rom via odin and start again


you can also try just clearing data of your browser - but without knowing the real cause its too hard to know what is causing it
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFixItMan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 09:28 AM |#8  
abhishekr700's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 344
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrafi

Yes, of course the permissions is rw-r--r--. But still Force Close and also if i use other browser like firefox, UC Browser, Dolphin, etc its Force Close too. Please help me

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

did you recently flashed or do something with the phone......
The Following User Says Thank You to abhishekr700 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 09:34 AM |#9  
GalKill's Avatar
Senior Member
Reim Empire :P
Thanks Meter: 233
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrafi

Hey, please help me! I can't open my default browser. Anyone know how to fix it?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app


What rom are you use?
Try to clean your browser data or flash via odin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GalKill For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 09:55 AM |#10  
mrafi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

best thing to do is flash stock rom via odin and start again


you can also try just clearing data of your browser - but without knowing the real cause its too hard to know what is causing it

How about wipe data/factory reset, because i don't know how to flash stock rom via odin. I've tried to clearing data of my browser. But still can't browsing. Please help me

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes