5,595,067 Members 39,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A File Sharing App, Possible wo File Manager?

Tip us?

abundancenewmedia
Old
(Last edited by abundancenewmedia; 31st December 2013 at 02:08 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt A File Sharing App, Possible wo File Manager?

Hi,

I been wanting to develop an app for sharing any file on the phone. I have heard that none photo and video files cannot be easily shared. File manager might be required. As such, is it possible or even easy to access and upload all types from the phone? I have been using a file manager on my phone. Is there special skills required to do up this file sharing? And especially using Frameworks such as Phonegap.

Thank you.

cherrymanoj
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I been wanting to develop an app for sharing any file on the phone. I have heard that none photo and video files cannot be easily shared. File manager might be required. As such, is it possible or even easy to access and upload all types from the phone? I have been using a file manager on my phone. Is there special skills required to do up this file sharing? And especially using Frameworks such as Phonegap.

niranjan94
Old
Thanks Meter 449

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abundancenewmedia View Post
Hi,

Thank you.
What do you mean by 'sharing' ??? do you mean uploading to an external web server ? (or) Sharing with another phone ?

Uploading to a Web server is possible by using Phonegap+jQuery+AJAX without the use of 'file-manager' (i donno what u mean by that )
Bluetooth sharing is also possible in Native Apps written fully in Java (I'm not too sure about bluetooth support in Phonegap apps)

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightly (Android 4.4.2)
KERNEL: 3.0.31

HTC Explorer aka Pico
ROM: CM11 (Android 4.4.2)
KERNEL: 3.0.16

Nokia Lumia 510
Software: Windows Phone 7.5
OSv: 7.10

Current Projects

Kovai Deals(website) | Aero Droid(app) |ShowJava - APK to Java Decompiler(app)| AID(app) | Follow me on GitHub, Facebook, Twitter , 500px !

_
_

tonypius
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sendfile

Try using 'SendFile'...Its available on the playstore....very simple UI and u can share any type of file between mobiles and PC's....what attaracted me was the fact that u dont need the app to download the files.....and it works over data not just wifi !!!! Basically u can share it with anyone....