Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] screen/digitizer replacement

OP muttleytm

9th March 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
I'm trying to replace the outside glass on an HTC EVO 4G and have a couple questions.

I was able to remove the digitizer, however, I broke the old bezel. I ordered another bezel along with a rear cover and mid-section.

The new part where the LCD and the digitizer attach had two adhesive strips on it. I removed the backing from the adhesive strips and lightly attached the old LCD. After I had put it in place I noticed that the new part where the LCD attaches had a shiny piece of mylar/plastic between the new part and the LCD screen and the old one had a dark grey/black piece. I removed the LCD screen from the new part and but the old grey/black piece of mylar/plastic between the LCD screen and the new part.

However, after I did this I questioned what I had done. By putting the pieced of plastic sheeting between the new part and the existing LCD I would only be attaching this piece of plastic to the new part. The back of the LCD itself would not be attached to anything.

What is the purpose of this plastic sheet and am I supposed to attach it to the adhesive tape and is there any functional diffence betwen the silver one and the black one?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
digitizer, replace, screen
Previous Thread Next Thread