5,606,297 Members 33,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sprint note 3 metropcs mms fix

Tip us?

oakieville
Old
(Last edited by oakieville; 22nd January 2014 at 04:55 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 186

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by azteccrew5 View Post
The phone was originally MI3 & I upgraded to MJ4 to be compatible with your zip. Thanks for all you do for us Oak. Have a beer on me
**** I'm sorry bro can u go into /system/app and check that permissions r correct on SecMms.apk

azteccrew5
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakieville View Post
**** I'm sorry bro can u go into /system/app and check that permissions r correct on SecMms.apk
I hope this is what you are requesting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-21 19.50.10.png
Views:	88
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	2531489  

oakieville
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 186

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I hope this is what you are requesting.
yes thats right i updated O.P. pls redownload and reflash
The Following User Says Thank You to oakieville For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azteccrew5
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
yes thats right i updated O.P. pls redownload and reflash
in your professional opinion, you think it advisable to factory reset & reflash the zip file via recovery or simply reflash over existing set up. I'd hate to have to factory reset since i have it setup just as i like it but would if that would help. And as always....Thank you

oakieville
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 186

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
in your professional opinion, you think it advisable to factory reset & reflash the zip file via recovery or simply reflash over existing set up. I'd hate to have to factory reset since i have it setup just as i like it but would if that would help. And as always....Thank you
U could factory reset but just flasging should be fine but uninstall anythird third party apps till after u test mms also make sure sms is not enabled in hangouts if it is u will be able to send mms from stock message app but u will recieve mms
The Following User Says Thank You to oakieville For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azteccrew5
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Phone is actually my son's and returned to college for the week. I will post my results when I have the phone back.Thanks Oak

12manytimes
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Here it is thanks
worked for me! Thanks again for all of your help

PCExpressAtlanta
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default mms zip issue...

Quote:
This is a flashible zip to fix mms messaging on sprint galaxy note 3. Your phone must be active on metropcs with working internet. Remove sim reboot into recovery flash the attached zip then reboot to system. Mms should now work but if u have sms enabled in hangouts it will mess up mms. You will need to go to settings in hangouts and disable sms. I was able to edit hangouts.apk to make it work, it works very well mms even works sending and receiving while connected to wifi but have not posted it.

For me on mj4 apns would not stick active unless I left sim out

As all way use at own risk i am not responsible for anything that may happen

I have flashed this several times and I am having the exact same problem a few others had. The whole messaging icon is gone and won't open up. I'm guessing this could possibly linked to the hangouts.apk but I'm not sure. I've never accessed or logged into it on this phone. I see you mentioned that you changed in order to make it function, can you post your edited apk or let me know exactly what to change to make it work. I've looked at the hangout menu and I didn't see a toggle for switching off the SMS... Thanks in advance for your help.

oakieville
Old
(Last edited by oakieville; 10th March 2014 at 04:55 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 186

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCExpressAtlanta View Post
I have flashed this several times and I am having the exact same problem a few others had. The whole messaging icon is gone and won't open up. I'm guessing this could possibly linked to the hangouts.apk but I'm not sure. I've never accessed or logged into it on this phone. I see you mentioned that you changed in order to make it function, can you post your edited apk or let me know exactly what to change to make it work. I've looked at the hangout menu and I didn't see a toggle for switching off the SMS... Thanks in advance for your help.
There is a toggle in settings on hangouts also u can disable in app menu in system settings but that's not the problem the app should still open and has always functioned fine on the many I have done remember I have not done a 4.4 fix only 4.3

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm going to try to do some testing tonight I would like to know wat kernel and wat recovery are those who are having issues using

All that I have tested have been stock rooted with twrp recovery

oakieville
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 186

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCExpressAtlanta View Post
Can u install root explorer and go to /system/app/ and move secmms.apk to /sdcard/ then move it back to /system/app/ and reboot and tell me wat happens pls

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app