Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,111 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is this how your partitions are?

Tip us?

Powernun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb [Q] Is this how your partitions are?

Hi I am using the Galaxy Player 4.0 (intl) and this is how my internal memory is laid out (check the attached zip file).

I wanted to ask, is this normal because I am pretty sure it isn't and I probably messed it up somehow will all the flashes I did to it.

Aren't the "two weird partitions" supposed to be merged?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Internal Memory Layout - Imgur.zip - [Click for QR Code] (221.6 KB, 8 views)

Powernun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone? They only thing you have to do is either download DiskInfo, run it and tell me if you have the same layout or go to Task Manager > Storage and check your partitions from there.

zaclimon
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2482

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powernun View Post
Hi I am using the Galaxy Player 4.0 (intl) and this is how my internal memory is laid out (check the attached zip file).

I wanted to ask, is this normal because I am pretty sure it isn't and I probably messed it up somehow will all the flashes I did to it.

Aren't the "two weird partitions" supposed to be merged?
This is how it should be there's no worry.

The first weird partition is the "internal" sd card where when you plug your player, you can put on stuff there.

The second one is the /data partition which is needed by the OS and the applications to put out their data related stuff.

As those devices are pre-ICS ones, those 2 partitions aren't merged and I honestly consider it a plus (if someone messes /data, he or she doesn't mess all his or her internal space.) The same thing applies to the 5.0 as well. and pre-ICS devices.

Powernun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon View Post
This is how it should be there's no worry.

The first weird partition is the "internal" sd card where when you plug your player, you can put on stuff there.

The second one is the /data partition which is needed by the OS and the applications to put out their data related stuff.

As those devices are pre-ICS ones, those 2 partitions aren't merged and I honestly consider it a plus (if someone messes /data, he or she doesn't mess all his or her internal space.) The same thing applies to the 5.0 as well. and pre-ICS devices.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I was concerned because I tried to install CyanogenMod 11 (by following your guide) but it had an error that said that I did not have enough space so I thought that my partitions were messed up but I guess I did something wrong so I am going to try again.