Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is this how your partitions are?

OP Powernun

6th March 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi I am using the Galaxy Player 4.0 (intl) and this is how my internal memory is laid out (check the attached zip file).

I wanted to ask, is this normal because I am pretty sure it isn't and I probably messed it up somehow will all the flashes I did to it.

Aren't the "two weird partitions" supposed to be merged?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Internal Memory Layout - Imgur.zip - [Click for QR Code] (221.6 KB, 9 views)
8th March 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Anyone? They only thing you have to do is either download DiskInfo, run it and tell me if you have the same layout or go to Task Manager > Storage and check your partitions from there.
9th March 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 2,828

3,399 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powernun

Hi I am using the Galaxy Player 4.0 (intl) and this is how my internal memory is laid out (check the attached zip file).

I wanted to ask, is this normal because I am pretty sure it isn't and I probably messed it up somehow will all the flashes I did to it.

Aren't the "two weird partitions" supposed to be merged?

This is how it should be there's no worry.

The first weird partition is the "internal" sd card where when you plug your player, you can put on stuff there.

The second one is the /data partition which is needed by the OS and the applications to put out their data related stuff.

As those devices are pre-ICS ones, those 2 partitions aren't merged and I honestly consider it a plus (if someone messes /data, he or she doesn't mess all his or her internal space.) The same thing applies to the 5.0 as well. and pre-ICS devices.
9th March 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

This is how it should be there's no worry.

The first weird partition is the "internal" sd card where when you plug your player, you can put on stuff there.

The second one is the /data partition which is needed by the OS and the applications to put out their data related stuff.

As those devices are pre-ICS ones, those 2 partitions aren't merged and I honestly consider it a plus (if someone messes /data, he or she doesn't mess all his or her internal space.) The same thing applies to the 5.0 as well. and pre-ICS devices.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I was concerned because I tried to install CyanogenMod 11 (by following your guide) but it had an error that said that I did not have enough space so I thought that my partitions were messed up but I guess I did something wrong so I am going to try again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread