Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop Leak, Failed Find 5 Update – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been leaked! That and … more

Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Nexus 7 2012 reboots

OP nigelw

9th March 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
My Nexus 7 16GB 2012 has started to randomly reboot, it's running 4.4.2 and has been fine for months. This morning I switched it in, turned off the Airplane Mode and after 30 seconds or so it locked up, then reset. This happens every time I turn off Airplane Mode and switch on WiFi.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of corrupt RAM causing the issue? I've tried to do a Factory Reset, but this also fails and I end up back at square one. So I tried Nexus Root Tookit to go back to stock (all I've done previously is unlock the bootloader, no root). This also fails:

sending 'bootloader' (3911 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.516s]
writing 'bootloader'...
FAILED (remote: (InvalidState))
finished. total time: 0.745s

Any suggestions on what to try next?

This may of course be a hardware fault, the device was bought in Summer 2012 on release.
9th March 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #2  
estape11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Puriscal
Thanks Meter: 89
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Hi, you need download image of 4.4 and flash it, because 4.4.2 image has corrupt bootloader. If not work try 4.2.2 image and update to kitkat OTA

Cheers, E11
9th March 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by estape11

Hi, you need download image of 4.4 and flash it, because 4.4.2 image has corrupt bootloader. If not work try 4.2.2 image and update to kitkat OTA

Cheers, E11

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try.

I have been able to use the Nexus Toolkit to temporarily flash the TWRP. I test my hypothesis about an invalid file system and that fails:

/data/media/0/TWRP errno=30

Anyway, it's downloading the image now so lets see if that fixes the problem.
9th March 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelw

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try.

I have been able to use the Nexus Toolkit to temporarily flash the TWRP. I test my hypothesis about an invalid file system and that fails:

/data/media/0/TWRP errno=30

Anyway, it's downloading the image now so lets see if that fixes the problem.

I'm trying KRT16S and the "Back to Stock" option. The Nexus goes to bootloader mode (so I have Android on back with open door). The flashstock.bat runs in a command tool and displays no errors, but nothing appears on the Nexus 7? The script completes, Nexus reboots and is in exactly the same state.

It doesn't seem to want to accept any kind of update.
The Following User Says Thank You to nigelw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #5  
estape11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Puriscal
Thanks Meter: 89
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelw

I'm trying KRT16S and the "Back to Stock" option. The Nexus goes to bootloader mode (so I have Android on back with open door). The flashstock.bat runs in a command tool and displays no errors, but nothing appears on the Nexus 7? The script completes, Nexus reboots and is in exactly the same state.

It doesn't seem to want to accept any kind of update.

Mmm try enter in recovery and do factory reset, if doesnt work, try image of 4.2.2 I'm sure that works

PD. And use Nexus toolkit

Enviado desde mi Xperia P mediante Tapatalk
9th March 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoskon

Give a try with twrp 2.6.3.0.
Latest has issues with backups

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 7 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2

From TWRP I'm able to Wipe and do Factory Reset. It says successful, but when I restart nothing has changed, still got 4.4.2 installed.

I also tried Back to stock with 4.2.2 JDQ39, device goes to Bootloader mode but fails with this error:

sending 'bootloader' (2096 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.287s]
writing 'bootloader'...
FAILED (remote: ()
finished. total time: 0.873s
rebooting into bootloader...
FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 0.637s

archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
--------------------------------------------
getvar:version-bootloader FAILED (command write failed (No such device or address))
finished. total time: 0.000s
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes