TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nexus 7 2012 - No Command Error !!

OP alpinia

9th March 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Hy everyone

Few days ago I've tried to update my Nexus 7 2012 model, from 4.2.2 operating system to 4.4. After few minutes, after reboot, on the screen shows the Android sign with an error mesage : No Command

The bigger problem is that in my Device Manager, my computer does not show the tablet, not even as an unknown device. This is how my Device Manger it is looks like:

I have tried all the internet tutorials, SDK Manager Drivers, PdaNet Drivers .. Nexus Toolkit .. and no results. My computer does not recognize the tablet, When i run abd devices .. returns nothing.

As i can't go inside, i'm not sure if the USB Debugging mode is activated or deactivated.

Please help me !!! I really don't know what to do

PS: When i'm trying to install the driver manually it says; Android ADB Interface - This device cannot start. (Code 10)
10th March 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 83

329 posts
More
Can you boot into recovery or fastboot mode?

Sent from one of my 47 iPads running android C3P0
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Sweatpants For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants

Can you boot into recovery or fastboot mode?

When i'm pressing power button+u up volume+down volume and chose recovery mode, after loading, i'm getting the same error, with the android sign and No Command error message.
When i am in fastboot mode, is the same problem, the device manager doesn't recognize the tablet, neither the adb or fastboot.
Last edited by alpinia; 10th March 2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Adding
10th March 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Edinburgh

329 posts
More
Is the tablet going into fastboot mode and not being recognised by the computer or is it not going into fastboot mode. If you can get fastboot mode the next stop would be to try the nexus toolkit http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/ use the return to stock soft bricked option as far as the problems connecting to the computer did it connect before the boot loop and is it possible the port or the cable are damaged? If it goes into fast boot then it should be recognised.
Edit: I forgot to ask is your warranty still valid you get 2 years with the N7 you could send it to Asus.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Also read/try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2405740&page=4

Last edited by Captain Sweatpants; 10th March 2014 at 11:41 PM.
11th March 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:

Is the tablet going into fastboot mode and not being recognised by the computer or is it not going into fastboot mode. If you can get fastboot mode the next stop would be to try the nexus toolkit http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/ use the return to stock soft bricked option as far as the problems connecting to the computer did it connect before the boot loop and is it possible the port or the cable are damaged? If it goes into fast boot then it should be recognised.
Edit: I forgot to ask is your warranty still valid you get 2 years with the N7 you could send it to Asus.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Also read/try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2405740&page=4

Thank you for the reply. I can boot in fastboot but the PC still do not recognize the tablet. Even in fast boot Nexus Toolkit doesn't recognize the tablet .. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers but no success.
11th March 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #6  
Flag Edinburgh

329 posts
More
Is RMA an option? Was this an OTA update? Asus may take some responsibility for it then. Did the computer recognise the tablet before the problem we need to work out if its a software or a hardware problem that's stopping it from connecting to the computer.

11th March 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:

Is RMA an option? Was this an OTA update? Asus may take some responsibility for it then. Did the computer recognise the tablet before the problem we need to work out if its a software or a hardware problem that's stopping it from connecting to the computer.

What means RMA ? .. the update was made by wireless connections. Unfortunately I'm in Romania now and the tablet was bought in USA., so I don't think Assus warranty is an option.

The computer was not recognizing the tablet before the update .. it was only charging but not recognizing. Every time I was uploading content on it over Dropbox.

The only time when my PC recognized the tablet was at the beginning, I don't know if I changed something or what I did but after that point the PC didn't recognize the tablet.. Even after that the tablet updates and everything was working perfectly.
11th March 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #8  
Flag Edinburgh

329 posts
More
RMA is Return Merchandise Authorisation it means Asus agreeing to accept a return. If the tablet was not connecting to the computer before the update then that is where the problem is. No Command bootloop is fixable but not without a USB connection. My advice would be to try a new USB port for the nexus you can get one on eBay UK try to find one that will ship to romania. The other option is to buy a N7 with a broken screen and use parts out of that. Its not much more expensive to buy a broken N7 than to buy the charging port. The advantage to that is you can swap the motherboard as well and you don't need to fix the boot loop.

11th March 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:

RMA is Return Merchandise Authorisation it means Asus agreeing to accept a return. If the tablet was not connecting to the computer before the update then that is where the problem is. No Command bootloop is fixable but not without a USB connection. My advice would be to try a new USB port for the nexus you can get one on eBay UK try to find one that will ship to romania. The other option is to buy a N7 with a broken screen and use parts out of that. Its not much more expensive to buy a broken N7 than to buy the charging port. The advantage to that is you can swap the motherboard as well and you don't need to fix the boot loop.

Thank you for the reply. But is the tablet is charging properly both from the PC and from the wall charger. It is possible to charge properly but the data transfer to be broken because of the micro usb from nexus 7 ?
Last edited by alpinia; 11th March 2014 at 11:14 PM.
12th March 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #10  
Flag Edinburgh

329 posts
More
Yes it is possible to damage the data circuit while leaving the charging circuit intact unfortunately unless you know much about micro electronics I can't tell you exactly where that damage is but it definetly sounds like a hardware failure. My best guess would be the USB port. On the Nexus the USB port is separate from the motherboard and is connected by a ribbon cable. The other possibility is that the motherboard is at fault. As the motherboard is where the bootloop is happening from changing it would also make the tablet work. Either way the only way to get your nexus working again is to fix the USB connection and it sounds like that's going to mean new parts.

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread