FORUMS

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

You can turn off hard keys. (sm-p600 mk1)

9th March 2014, 11:26 PM |#1  
RussellEstridge25's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 148
 
Donate to Me
More
Sorry if this is old news but I seen a few people asking if you could disable these especially over at the clean Rom thread cause the developer included soft keys in the rom. Anyways again I'm sorry if this is old news but you go to accessibility/access control. It then walks you through a series of steps like if you want certain parts of the screen to not be affected by touch and so on. I thought this was pretty sweet. Not sure if it's for all models and firmware but worth a shot!

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to RussellEstridge25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
10th March 2014, 01:28 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
I'm on stock and I can't find Access Control in Accessibility. Is this a CleanRom only feature?
10th March 2014, 01:30 AM |#3  
RussellEstridge25's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 148
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrutisan

I'm on stock and I can't find Access Control in Accessibility. Is this a CleanRom only feature?

No... I'm stock right now. I don't remember seeing it before so not sure how I got it there. Maybe from exposed?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 01:47 AM |#4  
RussellEstridge25's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 148
 
Donate to Me
More
Again not sure how it got here...

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1394412432976.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	2622494  
10th March 2014, 02:02 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrutisan

I'm on stock and I can't find Access Control in Accessibility. Is this a CleanRom only feature?

It's all the way at the very bottom of Accessibility. It is listed under Recognition. Turn it on. Then hold down the home button and and volume down to enter the wizard.

It should be helpful for when I do note taking at a meeting so I don't have to worry about touching the physical buttons. But for Button Savior Pro it disables the Home, Menu and Back so it's not something I can have on all the time. Plus the notification drawer cannot be interacted with anymore while this mode is on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stocklone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 02:15 AM |#6  
RussellEstridge25's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 148
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocklone

It's all the way at the very bottom of Accessibility. It is listed under Recognition. Turn it on. Then hold down the home button and and volume down to enter the wizard.

It should be helpful for when I do note taking at a meeting so I don't have to worry about touching the physical buttons. But for Button Savior Pro it disables the Home, Menu and Back so it's not something I can have on all the time. Plus the notification drawer cannot be interacted with anymore while this mode is on.

It can if you have nova launcher pro. With a gesture. The notification drawer that is...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 03:09 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
I can open the drawer just fine. You just can't touch any of the notifications after you open the drawer.
10th March 2014, 03:11 AM |#8  
RussellEstridge25's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 148
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocklone

I can open the drawer just fine. You just can't touch any of the notifications after you open the drawer.

Weird... Did you x out of the past that says disable parts of the screen with touch? Wonder why it does that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) General by ThreadRank