FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

What happens when you don't game or download with a loaded phone? This.

5,101 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,209

By dladz, Senior Member on 9th March 2014, 11:07 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Haven't played a single game or downloaded anything all day and my battery life has been top notch. I only drop 1% overnight so in theory I can stretch 2 days out of this battery.

However, if I was to play some music, games, videos/movies.

My battery would be dead within the day.

So top tip. If you want your phone to last more than a day! Don't play games.

10 hours 58 mins. With 58% left

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by dladz; 9th March 2014 at 11:14 PM.

9th March 2014, 11:36 PM |#2  
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

Haven't played a single game or downloaded anything all day and my battery life has been top notch. I only drop 1% overnight so in theory I can stretch 2 days out of this battery.

Bad advice

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to negrobembon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift negrobembon Ad-Free
9th March 2014, 11:47 PM |#3  
Flag Wellingborough
Thanks Meter: 43

More
My opinion is you get what you get out of the battety depending on your usage so if you use the phone heavy expect it die on you if not well the battery should last ages then(not literally)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 12:17 AM |#4  
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidDan

My opinion is you get what you get out of the battety depending on your usage so if you use the phone heavy expect it die on you if not well the battery should last ages then(not literally)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Exactly!, battery use depends on what you do with the phone, if you do nothing with it then of course its going to last a lot

Also imagine if you have to sacrifice all use, features and games with a 3000mah phone, then iphone users shouldn't even bother

10th March 2014, 10:36 AM |#5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:

Even better - try leaving your phone switched off! Battery lasts for....a very long time. The downside is, you don't get to use the phone...

Sorry if I come across rude, but you are stating the obvious, aren't you???
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to neotarum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neotarum Ad-Free
10th March 2014, 12:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 323

More
lol, yeah... if you use your phone intensively then your battery drains faster. Not really mind-boggling now is it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dagrim1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dagrim1 Ad-Free
10th March 2014, 12:54 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobembon

Exactly!, battery use depends on what you do with the phone, if you do nothing with it then of course its going to last a lot

Also imagine if you have to sacrifice all use, features and games with a 3000mah phone, then iphone users shouldn't even bother

The point is, if you use your phone for what a phone is for, making calls and texts then it'll last, the only thing i didn't do was play a game, that's it.

Battery has lasted ages, i'm still on the same charge, theres no bad advice about it it's just a fact.
10th March 2014, 12:55 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagrim1

lol, yeah... if you use your phone intensively then your battery drains faster. Not really mind-boggling now is it.

Not all phones drain quickly when used for playing games, especially light games.

Point i'm making here is that any kind of remotely intensive cpu usage simply kills the battery on the z1, it's like it's going at full chat for no reason, i think it could be managed better on a kernel level that's all.
Last edited by dladz; 10th March 2014 at 12:58 PM.
10th March 2014, 01:00 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
1 day 11minutes, 20% left.

Made a tonne of calls, played music, messaging, no games.
10th March 2014, 04:05 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Quote:

Not all phones drain quickly when used for playing games, especially light games.

Name them.
10th March 2014, 04:09 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnius1

Name them.

HTC One, Galaxy S3, Evo 3D, Sensation, Desire HD, Lumia 800. to name but a few, none of these ate away at the battery anywhere near as much as the Z1 did. I'm not saying that the battery on these devices was great but the drain when doing intensive tasks wasn't anywhere near as bad as it seems to be on the Z1.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread