Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 51,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone won't boot

Tip us?

beavermjr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Phone won't boot

I've been having spontanious reboot problems where my charge would reboot and get stuck in a boot loop freezing on the droid eye animation and rebooting. In the past I've been able to clear the delvic cache and regular cache and get the phone to boot and go back to working order. Today however, clearing cache didn't work. Thinking this was a software problem, I connected the phone to oden and flashed the stock software ED1. I was planning to install back to EP5 and redo Tweaked 3.2 since the phone had developed a lot of lag.

Now the phone gets to the droid eyebll and stays there. Every so often the animation freezes for a second or two then continues. Is the phone dead? Can it be brought back to life so that I can use it while I figure out a new phone. I'm asking because this is my only smartphone and I'm now stuck activating my old chocolate flip

Mike

Reilly1812
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Why all the way back to ED1? Do you have everything backed up in case you need to flash with the pit file?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jackhilfuer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavermjr View Post
I've been having spontanious reboot problems where my charge would reboot and get stuck in a boot loop freezing on the droid eye animation and rebooting. In the past I've been able to clear the delvic cache and regular cache and get the phone to boot and go back to working order. Today however, clearing cache didn't work. Thinking this was a software problem, I connected the phone to oden and flashed the stock software ED1. I was planning to install back to EP5 and redo Tweaked 3.2 since the phone had developed a lot of lag.

Now the phone gets to the droid eyebll and stays there. Every so often the animation freezes for a second or two then continues. Is the phone dead? Can it be brought back to life so that I can use it while I figure out a new phone. I'm asking because this is my only smartphone and I'm now stuck activating my old chocolate flip

Mike
No, the phone is not dead, it is a bit lag.