Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How hot is too hot (gt-i9192)

Tip us?
 
vexorian
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 37
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default How hot is too hot (gt-i9192)

My gt-i9192 can get a bit hot. Reaching even 45 Celsius when I am outside using for example the maps app (needs gps, data and wifi (it claims it makes GPS more accurate and it seems to do)). or a game or browsing the web. Specially if the environment temperature is high (I consider 25 or so "high" for environment temperature). I am not sure if 45 is too much or if it is just okay fine. It does get uncomfortable and the temperature guard app defaults at 40 for the "too hot" warning.

How hot is too hot?
 
TNCS
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 287
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexorian View Post
My gt-i9192 can get a bit hot. Reaching even 45 Celsius when I am outside using for example the maps app (needs gps, data and wifi (it claims it makes GPS more accurate and it seems to do)). or a game or browsing the web. Specially if the environment temperature is high (I consider 25 or so "high" for environment temperature). I am not sure if 45 is too much or if it is just okay fine. It does get uncomfortable and the temperature guard app defaults at 40 for the "too hot" warning.

How hot is too hot?
Keeping GPS on does get hot, particularly if you are using a navigation app. Depending on the games, some times it can be also demanding. But if you also get 45 degrees on browsing, than something is wrong.

You sure if the app is reporting the correct temperature? 45 should be warm to hold in hand (a feel-able temperature).
 
vexorian
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 37
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS View Post
Keeping GPS on does get hot, particularly if you are using a navigation app. Depending on the games, some times it can be also demanding. But if you also get 45 degrees on browsing, than something is wrong.

You sure if the app is reporting the correct temperature? 45 should be warm to hold in hand (a feel-able temperature).
Sure, I feel the hotness.

I used to get 45 degrees while browsing if the environment temperature is hot. It hasn't happened in a while, recently I moved to a custom kernel, so maybe that fixed it.
 
JoeCastellon
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 47
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
My i9190 has been getting really hot lately, and whenever it does the battery drains crazy fast (about 35%/hr). Strange thing is, the task manager shows no apps consuming CPU nor RAM.
 
HansBlenkers
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Fort Collins
I had a similar problem with my old S2 that started after I had had it for about 9 months. At the start of a day battery consumption wasn't bad, but if I used it for an extended period of time it would heat up, and battery consumption seemed to rise linearly with the amount of heat the phone was emitting. There were incidents where it drained to half from full in a matter of less than an hour.
 
groda
Old
(Last edited by groda; 11th March 2014 at 07:55 AM.)
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Włocławek
I welcome. I have i9192 and at me temperature at the game on facebook also achieved 45 "C and I returned it to the shop. At other users of this phone what temperature is while looking the Internet through??Can the shop he will accept the warranty??
 
TNCS
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 287
Join Date: Feb 2014
Ah, I did forget one thing, since I didn't stay on original ROM for long. For those that are on original Samsung ROM, I guess it normal, since the default CPU governor is set on 'performance' mode. Your CPU is running on the highest speed all the time, and most original ROM does not enter deep sleep.

JoeCastellon: If you are on the original ROM, it would be your problem of battery drain. Using a custom Kernel or ROM like vexorian would solve your problem.

groda: Same, if you are on original ROM, running any app even if it not games, it would raise the temperature at a very rapid rate.
The Following User Says Thank You to TNCS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
groda
Old
(Last edited by groda; 11th March 2014 at 12:35 PM.)
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Włocławek
I thank for the reply. When install root and to lower the clocking of the processor? by the way, the new ROM will lower the temperature?
 
vexorian
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 37
Join Date: Feb 2014
My latest "[doh this got too hot]" experience was on Sunday, I was using c0bain's kernel which AFAIK has the "on demand" governor.

I am now trying SilviuMik's ROM, will test during a week and see if the hotness happens again.
 
TNCS
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 287
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by groda View Post
I thank for the reply. When install root and to lower the clocking of the processor? by the way, the new ROM will lower the temperature?
Custom/modified ROM or kernel will lower the temperature. Original Samsung ROM - no.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more