Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bluetooth poor connexion with wireless heaphones/speakers

OP pascalforget

10th March 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Hello. I received my Omate US Version, 8Gb a few days ago, stock version of the system (reinstalled after trying the excellent Lokifish Marz firmware).

The Bluetooth connexion seems very poor for music transmission with Bluetooth headsets or speakers; when I move to watch more than 10 centimeters (about 4 inches) away from the Omate interference starts (the music "stutters") and connection stops completely (disconnects) at about 20-30 centimeters. Can't listen to music consistently while moving my arm (... when I walk).

Could there be an hardware issue with the Bluetooth antenna?

I tried rebooting, turning Bluetooth on and off multiple times, even reinstalling the firmware (the issue was present with the Lokifish Marz firmware).

I'm trying to listen simple 128 kbps mp3 (non VBR). (I discovered the issue while listening 192 kbps vbr, I taught it was the problem...).

The only way I manage to have a smooth playback is by putting the Omate in the same pocket as the receptor of the Bluetooth headset, or with a Bluetooth emitter clipped to the watchband (I tried with three different Bluetooth headsets and also a Bluetooth speaker that works perfectly with my other phones.

Thanks for your advices and suggestions.
Last edited by pascalforget; 10th March 2014 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Added steps taken + precisions.
10th March 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,282

2,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lose antenna connector. Request a replacement.
Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 10th March 2014 at 06:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
My bluetooth connection to my stereo in my car also stutters and disconnects. I also have a hard time connecting.
10th March 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 105

537 posts
Just so folks will not get the wrong idea, on my stock 1/8/1900 TrueSmart with 20140120 firmware, the Bluetooth is excellent for music and phone both in my car or with BT headphones, and BT keyboard. It will also connect to the keyboard and another BT device at the same time. Range is excellent, 15 meters or more.

Lots of other Bluetooth issues, but these reports sound like antenna problems. Assembly on some TrueSmarts was very poorly done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to trent999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #5  
Flag Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 21

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalforget

Hello. I received my Omate US Version, 8Gb a few days ago, stock version of the system (reinstalled after trying the excellent Lokifish Marz firmware).

The Bluetooth connexion seems very poor for music transmission with Bluetooth headsets or speakers; when I move to watch more than 10 centimeters (about 4 inches) away from the Omate interference starts (the music "stutters") and connection stops completely (disconnects) at about 20-30 centimeters. Can't listen to music consistently while moving my arm (... when I walk).

Could there be an hardware issue with the Bluetooth antenna?

I tried rebooting, turning Bluetooth on and off multiple times, even reinstalling the firmware (the issue was present with the Lokifish Marz firmware).

I'm trying to listen simple 128 kbps mp3 (non VBR). (I discovered the issue while listening 192 kbps vbr, I taught it was the problem...).

The only way I manage to have a smooth playback is by putting the Omate in the same pocket as the receptor of the Bluetooth headset, or with a Bluetooth emitter clipped to the watchband (I tried with three different Bluetooth headsets and also a Bluetooth speaker that works perfectly with my other phones.

Thanks for your advices and suggestions.

I've only tried to exercise with it once while using Bluetooth and the same thing happened (switched back to my iPod after 2 minutes). I am currently on stock and plan to go back to the newest patch. I will try on both stock and patch and see if it's still happening. I hope this is indeed not an issue of poor assembly.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

Lose antenna connector. Request a replacement.

Wow, okay just tested (both mp3 and movies stored on both internal and SD). When connect to Bluetooth, any movement causes stutter and pausing. When off bluetooth, no problems.

I've already removed the back cause went I flashed the ROM there were issues that require a battery pull and I installed an SD card. Not to mention, I emailed support over a week ago for another issue (now resolved) and no response.

Hope this can be fixed because this device is worthless if I can't run with it using Bluetooth!
The Following User Says Thank You to eozdalga For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #6  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 5

71 posts
More
I have a Jabra Sport BT headset. I've used it with 2 different MotoactV and now this TS. Same signal issue on all of them. So I dont think it's the TS. I always had to wear both my MA and now TS on my right hand when using the headset while running.
10th March 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Any movement causes stutter and pausing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eozdalga

Wow, okay just tested (both mp3 and movies stored on both internal and SD). When connect to Bluetooth, any movement causes stutter and pausing. When off bluetooth, no problems.

I agree, I also have the feeling that simply moving the watch increases the interference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eozdalga

Hope this can be fixed because this device is worthless if I can't run with it using Bluetooth!

Same here, I got the Omate Smartwatch specifically to run with music and GPS.

I wrote to support@omate.com, so far no answer.

P.
10th March 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #8  

2 posts
@Lokifish Marz

is there any way we could try to fix a loose antenna connector?
10th March 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,282

2,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkongox

@Lokifish Marz

is there any way we could try to fix a loose antenna connector?

Remove the back, battery and plastic insert. Reseat the connectors then reinstall the insert, battery and back.
10th March 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #10  

2 posts
Which connector is the bluetooth antenna?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140310_090151.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	2623467  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread