Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] tf300t OmniRom kitkat 4.4.2 Always Fail

Tip us?

thor1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] tf300t OmniRom kitkat 4.4.2 Always Fail

I have tried every way i have found to install the OmniRom 4.4.2 onto my unlocked and rooted with custom recovery (TWRP) Asus Transformer tf300t current version 4.2.1. Is there anything stupid i could be missing?

TWRP v2.6.3.0

I always factory wipe then cache and dalvik cache wipe
then try to install any zip and they all fail.

Please help.

brewmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1022 View Post
I have tried every way i have found to install the OmniRom 4.4.2 onto my unlocked and rooted with custom recovery (TWRP) Asus Transformer tf300t current version 4.2.1. Is there anything stupid i could be missing?

TWRP v2.6.3.0

Please help.
twrp 2.6.3.2

krash1256
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:

TWRP v2.6.3.0

Please help.
Did you at least read the first page of the thread?

How to install
To install OmniROM please follow these instructions:

Boot into recovery and flash the TWRP 2.6.3.1 ZIP
Reboot the tablet into the old ROM
Reboot into recovery again
Do a factory reset / full wipe
Flash the OmniROM zip file, the GApps ZIP file and SuperSU ZIP file
Reboot the tablet and enjoy OmniROM

thor1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash1256 View Post
Did you at least read the first page of the thread?

How to install
To install OmniROM please follow these instructions:

Boot into recovery and flash the TWRP 2.6.3.1 ZIP
Reboot the tablet into the old ROM
Reboot into recovery again
Do a factory reset / full wipe
Flash the OmniROM zip file, the GApps ZIP file and SuperSU ZIP file
Reboot the tablet and enjoy OmniROM

I did. I have searched everywhere for TWRP 2.6.3.1 and 2.6.3.2 for the TF300T and i cant find it. 10+ hours. Do i have to download it for a different Model such as the TF700T? TWRP its self only lists 2.6.3.0 for the TF300T.

krash1256
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
I did. I have searched everywhere for TWRP 2.6.3.1 and 2.6.3.2 for the TF300T and i cant find it. 10+ hours. Do i have to download it for a different Model such as the TF700T? TWRP its self only lists 2.6.3.0 for the TF300T.
You couldn't have because it's right there on the first page. It's 2.6.3.2 instead of 2.6.3.1 but either one will work.

Downloads
Below are the files you need for flashing OmniROM:

TWRP 2.6.3.2 for KitKat: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407569892
The latest nightly build: http://dl.omnirom.org/tf300t/ (or my homebuild version, see second post)
BaNkS GApps http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2
SuperSU from Chainfire: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407569892

thor1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I have downloaded those files 5 times and the zip file for TWRP fails every time i try to install it with TWRP 2.6.3.0

krash1256
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
I have downloaded those files 5 times and the zip file for TWRP fails every time i try to install it with TWRP 2.6.3.0
Can you open the TWRP 2.6.3.2 zip file on your PC before you copy it to your tablet? If you open it and get errors then the file might be corrupt, if it opens correctly then that's not the problem. Are you doing this in Windows? If you do get errors when trying to open the zip try downloading it again to a different place on Windows. I don't know how many times I have downloaded a zip file more than once and Windows always finds it corrupt. Then try opening it again. Let me know and we'll go from there.

thor1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Can you open the TWRP 2.6.3.2 zip file on your PC before you copy it to your tablet? If you open it and get errors then the file might be corrupt, if it opens correctly then that's not the problem. Are you doing this in Windows? If you do get errors when trying to open the zip try downloading it again to a different place on Windows. I don't know how many times I have downloaded a zip file more than once and Windows always finds it corrupt. Then try opening it again. Let me know and we'll go from there.
Ya i am able to open the zip file without a problem on my computer. There is an image file and an META-INF folder in it that i can open all the way down while still zipped.

krash1256
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Ya i am able to open the zip file without a problem on my computer. There is an image file and an META-INF folder in it that i can open all the way down while still zipped.
Do you have an sdcard or are you putting in on internal card? First, try opening the zip file that you put on your tablet to make sure it's not corrupt. Then if it opens okay, put it on sdcard or vice versa from where you put it originally. So the version of TWRP you have now that's working is which version? And what error message are you getting when you try flashing the new TWRP?

thor1022
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Do you have an sdcard or are you putting in on internal card? First, try opening the zip file that you put on your tablet to make sure it's not corrupt. Then if it opens okay, put it on sdcard or vice versa from where you put it originally. So the version of TWRP you have now that's working is which version? And what error message are you getting when you try flashing the new TWRP?

I tried it on both the Internal and external sd card. thinking it may have been unmounting the card during instillation. I didnt try to open it on the tablet threw the file manager yet. Right now i have TWRP 2.6.3.0 running i got the Blob straight from TWRP for the TF300T I Fastbooted it onto the tablet. I do not remember the error message right now and the tablet is at my house i will have to look tonight.