Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in Bootloader

Tip us?

cknuth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Exclamation [Q] Stuck in Bootloader

After flashing successfully viper rom after a full data wipe my phone is now stuck in the Bootloader screen. I can't get to recovery, I can't reboot, and factory resetting does nothing. Help?

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by cknuth View Post
After flashing successfully viper rom after a full data wipe my phone is now stuck in the Bootloader screen. I can't get to recovery, I can't reboot, and factory resetting does nothing. Help?
What happens when u choose reboot in fastboot mode in the bootloader??

oksagi
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can you reboot into recovery again and enter to fastboot mode?

cknuth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Can go between fast boot and the Bootloader menu but if I hit reboot, it just comes back to Bootloader. If I pick recovery it just flashes for a second and comes back to Bootloader. I am S-off btw.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,920
Quote:
If I pick recovery it just flashes for a second and comes back to Bootloader. I am S-off btw.
fastboot erase cache
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cknuth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
fastboot erase cache
Computer wont recognize device. While I can enter fastboot mode it does not go to fastboot usb mode when I plug it in and fastboot only will "waiting for device"

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,920
Quote:
Computer wont recognize device. While I can enter fastboot mode it does not go to fastboot usb mode when I plug it in and fastboot only will "waiting for device"
OS, and hboot versions? (and if you're on Windows what does Device Manager show?)
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cknuth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
OS, and hboot versions? (and if you're on Windows what does Device Manager show?)
unfortunately my HBOOT is 1.44 (I just now read that it needs to be 1.55) My OS is Win 8.1. My work computer is Vista though.

device manager shows nothing connected via USB

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,920
Quote:
unfortunately my HBOOT is 1.44 (I just now read that it needs to be 1.55) My OS is Win 8.1. My work computer is Vista though.

device manager shows nothing connected via USB
if you have a USB stick, just make an Ubuntu Live USB (no need to install, you just make it, then boot the laptop/pc from the USB), check my guide under FAQ #5 (i think) it's very easy and ubuntu doesn't have issues with hboots, drivers, etc...
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cknuth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
if you have a USB stick, just make an Ubuntu Live USB (no need to install, you just make it, then boot the laptop/pc from the USB), check my guide under FAQ #5 (i think) it's very easy and ubuntu doesn't have issues with hboots, drivers, etc...
ok so the guide walks me up to the point of installing fastboot for unbuntu using a couple cmd lines but for my specific situation will I need any files saved in specific locations? I have never used Ubuntu or Linux before so youll have to bear with me.