Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hardware issues with out of warranty kindle fire

Tip us?

Jacobloveskindles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Hardware issues with out of warranty kindle fire

my kindle fire is way out of warranty and has a custom rom on it. i use it as a radio type device as my nexus 7 does not seem to work with the app i use for some reason (maybe a kitkat problem) but lately ive been noticing that i have to get the microusb thing just right in the kindle and leave it. if i do as much as to barely move the table it will quit charging. (the cable works fine with my nexus 7) and the headphones jack is really loose (again the headphones work just fine with my nexus 7). i dont really want to have to live with this anymore (note: i am really careful with my kindle fire so that cant be a problem) but dont know what to do. help please?

yattaro
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
You could restore the stock software (including bootloader, recovery, and ROM) using the second part of this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...66&postcount=2
From there you can contact Amazon customer service to see if they can do repairs (don't mention that it was previously rooted). That works all the time with Sprint for me.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices:
HTC Vivid (AT&T; running Resurrection Remix KK)
Kindle Fire First Generation (running OtterX bootloader & Nightly CM11 builds by Hashcode)
HTC EVO 4G (Sprint; running CM7 official build)
LG Optimus F3 (T-Mobile; running stock rooted 4.1.2)
iPhone 4S (blah; Sprint; running jailbroken iOS 7.0.2)
Nook Simple Touch (two of em; one is rooted and the other is not; B&N OS 1.2.1/Android 2.1)