Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

What is the best way to hold Note Pro for 20-30 minutes?

9th March 2014, 06:21 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Hello, what is the best way to hold the device for 20-30 minutes without getting tired? The Note Pro 12.2 is not available in my city yet but when I was holding the Note 10.1 2014, I used the left forearm to hold the device (like holding a baby) while using the right hand to operate the device.
 
 
9th March 2014, 08:46 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Yeah, that's particularly a good way to hold it while standing/walking/multitasking. It also provides stability for graphic art production or similar. Good for people like me, who baby the hell out of new electronics. I've held actual infants with less care.

For reading while sitting down on a couch or recliner next to an armrest or something, and you can't cross your legs to rest it on, this works well - holding the top edge with it propped up on your thigh and resting your elbow on the armrest works well. You have the other hand free for control/food/drink/whatever, but can use the thumb of the hand holding it to interact with the top third or so of the screen (like to turn pages while reading).
The Following User Says Thank You to nvan7891 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 12:23 PM |#3  
I recommend buying 2 flygrips...WWW.flygrip.com

I use it on all my phones and tablets. Very handy

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app
9th March 2014, 03:33 PM |#4  
ExtremeRyno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:

holding the top edge with it propped up on your thigh and resting your elbow on the armrest works well. You have the other hand free for control/food/drink/whatever

This. ^ +1

Also, it's not really a heavy device. I've been watching Season 4 of The Walking Dead on it spending at least 80 minutes an evening watching two episodes before I go to bed and prop the thing against a pillow to read myself to sleep. I've found it to be well balanced and not cumbersome.
Last edited by ExtremeRyno; 9th March 2014 at 10:07 PM.
9th March 2014, 04:58 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburns7487

I recommend buying 2 flygrips...WWW.flygrip.com

I use it on all my phones and tablets. Very handy

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

Where do you put the two 2 flygrips? Any photo?
9th March 2014, 05:14 PM |#6  
You need to ask for the advanced adhesive (3m) since coating on back is hard for normal stick to stay.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394381593942.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	2621852  
9th March 2014, 08:12 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111
 
503 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
That is the same way I hold it. Sometimes up to 2 hours at a time

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app
10th March 2014, 06:13 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburns7487

You need to ask for the advanced adhesive (3m) since coating on back is hard for normal stick to stay.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

So, you just insert your thumbs to the flygrips? What is the advantage of using this product?
10th March 2014, 06:14 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvan7891

Yeah, that's particularly a good way to hold it while standing/walking/multitasking. It also provides stability for graphic art production or similar. Good for people like me, who baby the hell out of new electronics. I've held actual infants with less care.

For reading while sitting down on a couch or recliner next to an armrest or something, and you can't cross your legs to rest it on, this works well - holding the top edge with it propped up on your thigh and resting your elbow on the armrest works well. You have the other hand free for control/food/drink/whatever, but can use the thumb of the hand holding it to interact with the top third or so of the screen (like to turn pages while reading).

Could you please post a photo? Why can't you cross your legs to rest it on?
10th March 2014, 07:58 AM |#10  
Listen, you can do whatever works. I was giving an alternative. No you use 2 fingers, (usually ring and middle finger and pinky helps.)


Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes