Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What is the best way to hold Note Pro for 20-30 minutes?

OP hajime_android

9th March 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

478 posts
Hello, what is the best way to hold the device for 20-30 minutes without getting tired? The Note Pro 12.2 is not available in my city yet but when I was holding the Note 10.1 2014, I used the left forearm to hold the device (like holding a baby) while using the right hand to operate the device.
9th March 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

69 posts
Yeah, that's particularly a good way to hold it while standing/walking/multitasking. It also provides stability for graphic art production or similar. Good for people like me, who baby the hell out of new electronics. I've held actual infants with less care.

For reading while sitting down on a couch or recliner next to an armrest or something, and you can't cross your legs to rest it on, this works well - holding the top edge with it propped up on your thigh and resting your elbow on the armrest works well. You have the other hand free for control/food/drink/whatever, but can use the thumb of the hand holding it to interact with the top third or so of the screen (like to turn pages while reading).
9th March 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #3  
I recommend buying 2 flygrips...WWW.flygrip.com

I use it on all my phones and tablets. Very handy

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app
9th March 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 98

353 posts
More
Quote:

holding the top edge with it propped up on your thigh and resting your elbow on the armrest works well. You have the other hand free for control/food/drink/whatever

This. ^ +1

Also, it's not really a heavy device. I've been watching Season 4 of The Walking Dead on it spending at least 80 minutes an evening watching two episodes before I go to bed and prop the thing against a pillow to read myself to sleep. I've found it to be well balanced and not cumbersome.
Last edited by ExtremeRyno; 9th March 2014 at 11:07 PM.
9th March 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

478 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburns7487

I recommend buying 2 flygrips...WWW.flygrip.com

I use it on all my phones and tablets. Very handy

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

Where do you put the two 2 flygrips? Any photo?
9th March 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #6  
You need to ask for the advanced adhesive (3m) since coating on back is hard for normal stick to stay.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394381593942.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	2621852  
9th March 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 107

503 posts
That is the same way I hold it. Sometimes up to 2 hours at a time

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app
10th March 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

478 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburns7487

You need to ask for the advanced adhesive (3m) since coating on back is hard for normal stick to stay.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

So, you just insert your thumbs to the flygrips? What is the advantage of using this product?
10th March 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

478 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvan7891

Yeah, that's particularly a good way to hold it while standing/walking/multitasking. It also provides stability for graphic art production or similar. Good for people like me, who baby the hell out of new electronics. I've held actual infants with less care.

For reading while sitting down on a couch or recliner next to an armrest or something, and you can't cross your legs to rest it on, this works well - holding the top edge with it propped up on your thigh and resting your elbow on the armrest works well. You have the other hand free for control/food/drink/whatever, but can use the thumb of the hand holding it to interact with the top third or so of the screen (like to turn pages while reading).

Could you please post a photo? Why can't you cross your legs to rest it on?
10th March 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #10  
Listen, you can do whatever works. I was giving an alternative. No you use 2 fingers, (usually ring and middle finger and pinky helps.)

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread