5,603,981 Members 43,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Official][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Galaxy S4

Tip us?

scarmon25
Old
Thanks Meter 2164

DONATE TO ME
I can send MMS while on WiFi. It sends just fine. Still uses cell data to send it. Doesn't effect my WiFi one bit.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

JaeKay
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmon25 View Post
I can send MMS while on WiFi. It sends just fine. Still uses cell data to send it. Doesn't effect my WiFi one bit.

really?

thats cool. Mine cant seem to do that....

scarmon25
Old
Thanks Meter 2164

DONATE TO ME
Yeah. Its been that way for as long as I can remember. That's how its supposed to work. If its not working that way for you then theres something up. Which with the current state of CM doesnt surprise me LOL. Hopefully everything gets fixed up soon enough.

jorceshaman
Old
Thanks Meter 138
I very rarely use wifi. I got unlimited data and most wifi are slower than my 4G. I usually run my laptop through my 4G instead of available wifi as well.... Unless I'm torrenting. Verizon never seems to let me torrent. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

thesoldier
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Yeah it's supposed to use data to send an MMS while still connected to WiFi, always been that way for me too. The only reason I use WiFi is to conserve battery, unless I am in a crap service area. Haven't been able to use WiFi recently since KitKat, causes my phone to freeze no matter what. And I always tether when I torrent just in case lol.

scarmon25
Old
Thanks Meter 2164

DONATE TO ME
This may fix MMS for you guys. Not gonna swear to it. Says it fixed it for d2vzm so not sure. http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60927/

FernBch
Old
Thanks Meter 211
An old issue has come back to haunt me. Back in the days of 10.2 there was the occasional issue of having to use "airplane mode on-off" to get signal back after being in a no service area. Had to use it today. Was out of service for a couple hours and when I came back I had no service until I cycled airplane mode.
So much to see, so much to do.

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 On VZW

Pervious devices:
Motorola Photon 4G | HTC Ozone on VZW | Moto Droid X on VZW (Rooted flashed, etc) | Motorola Q

scarmon25
Old
Thanks Meter 2164

DONATE TO ME
I've had to do that myself.

jorceshaman
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernBch View Post
An old issue has come back to haunt me. Back in the days of 10.2 there was the occasional issue of having to use "airplane mode on-off" to get signal back after being in a no service area. Had to use it today. Was out of service for a couple hours and when I came back I had no service until I cycled airplane mode.
I occasionally have to do that to get my 4G back.

bobbarker2
Old
Thanks Meter 75
When I receive a phone call, it takes about 5 seconds of ringing before the screen will turn on. I tried modifying the build.prop ro.telephony.Call_ring.delay to a lower value but that doesn't seem to effect anything. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a solution? .