Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 40,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9505 No LTE Setting

Tip us?

busylittlebee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] i9505 No LTE Setting

after updating to Kitkat 4.4.2 official I9505XXUFNBE everything working fine except that there is no LTE setting Under the "option>>Connection>>more networks>>mobile Network>>network mode" isn't there suppose to be LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect).. but in my network mode there is only WCDMA/GSM, WCDMA Only and GSM only.. Is there anyone having these issue

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Did u update by OTA or u used ODIN?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1887

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by busylittlebee View Post
after updating to Kitkat 4.4.2 official I9505XXUFNBE everything working fine except that there is no LTE setting Under the "option>>Connection>>more networks>>mobile Network>>network mode" isn't there suppose to be LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect).. but in my network mode there is only WCDMA/GSM, WCDMA Only and GSM only.. Is there anyone having these issue
Is your phone rooted mate? well if your phone is rooted then do this to enable it Open root explorer then Data >property>persist.radio.lteon.xml open the file in Text Editor and change the value to true save then reboot.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nico97
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I too have gone LTE

BuckyRocks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same here... My menu only shows:

*3G/2G (auto connect)
*2G only

busylittlebee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
sorry for the late reply guys.. and thanx for the response..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
Did u update by OTA or u used ODIN?
no.. I Use ODIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Is your phone rooted mate? well if your phone is rooted then do this to enable it Open root explorer then Data >property>persist.radio.lteon.xml open the file in Text Editor and change the value to true save then reboot.
yes it rooted.. I'll try your suggestion latter and let you know if it works.. thank you.. but now I just re-flash my phonei I use cf autoroot before and my phone become so sluggish and the rotating screen ,air gsture and air view is not working, dont know what I did wrong

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1887

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
sorry for the late reply guys.. and thanx for the response..

no.. I Use ODIN

yes it rooted.. I'll try your suggestion latter and let you know if it works.. thank you.. but now I just re-flash my phonei I use cf autoroot before and my phone become so sluggish and the rotating screen ,air gsture and air view is not working, dont know what I did wrong

Try to reflash the rom once again man or do a factory reset/wipe cache in recovery if your having an issue.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

busylittlebee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
hi repulsa.. I've try your method.. but it I can't make it works..

"Root File manager >> home (logo) directory >> data/ >>property/ >> persist.radio.lteon" I try a couple of text editor that i can find on google play to open it but fail.. it say file canot be open (Jota, Jota+ text editor ,axel,920 text editor)

any suggestion for text editor to use..? thank you and sorry for the english?

Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 11th March 2014 at 03:44 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1887

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
hi repulsa.. I've try your method.. but it I can't make it works..

"Root File manager >> home (logo) directory >> data/ >>property/ >> persist.radio.lteon" I try a couple of text editor that i can find on google play to open it but fail.. it say file canot be open (Jota, Jota+ text editor ,axel,920 text editor)

any suggestion for text editor to use..? thank you and sorry for the english?
Im using root explorer bro , Maybe your having this problem because your not Granting/Permission the SuperSu ?

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

busylittlebee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Im using root explorer bro , Maybe your having this problem because your not Granting/Permission the SuperSu ?
I found a file explorer that have a root access and a text editor (FX root explorer) i've been granted root acces by SU and manage to open and edit the persist.radio.lteon and replace the existing file. do the restart but nothing happen on my lte setting.. still don't have LTE/WCDMA/GSM option..