5,603,981 Members 44,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Enable Pen Mode - Any pen or pencil works as stylus!

Tip us?

algarues
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I am rooted and I also have tasker installed but I cannot install your apk

when I tap on it I get the installation screen but I can tap only on cancel, install does not work.....

RyokoN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by algarues View Post
I am rooted and I also have tasker installed but I cannot install your apk

when I tap on it I get the installation screen but I can tap only on cancel, install does not work.....
Make sure you are not running overlay apps such as BatteryMix and enable Unknown sorces

--IS05----IS11S----SO-02E---C6903--

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 563

DONATE TO ME
Any chance for calibrating it except for that file ryo?

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
My work on xda:
[APP][4.x+] CyanogenMod Apollo - Music Player (Updated 18.04.14)
[JB&KK][AROMA]Volumemod - no quality loss! Choose your own volume! AudioFix 09.04.14
Z2 bootanimation
I'm having some real life issues. Development is not stopped, but it surely is going to be slower.

JohnnyBravo-sobeast
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Does this work on xperia z?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

algarues
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoN View Post
Make sure you are not running overlay apps such as BatteryMix and enable Unknown sorces
Thank you for your help,

In the end I decided to enable or disable it via 2 scripts that I launch using the scripter utility from rom toolbox.

It works

Anyway here is what my impression are:

1. when pen mode is enabled the display becomes a 1-point touch screen, that is if you touch the screen before laying your pen or finger, any other touch following it is undetected

this also mean that if you lay your hand on the screen first, the stylus touching it or your finger will not be detected

the question is whether this is the same behaviour on the ultra,

because if the ultra is still multitouch with pen mode enabled and if the screen technology is the same of the z1, then there is still some unknown setting to tinker with, which might also improve writing performance

2. I noticed that without changing the screen sensitivity, the writing efficiency changes based on the # of the lead of a pencil, so your mileage may vary depending on the "stylus" that you use

3. I tried today to test some "professional" styluses such as adonit jot pro or similar, but I couldn' t because the shop where I went did not have any available to test before hand for buyers

I also asked if I could test the Ultra stylus, but when the shop assistant opened the box with me, we realized that the stylus (at least) in germany is not sold with the phone.

It would be interesting to test the pen mode on the z1 with either the ultra stylus or an adonit and see how good it goes

Does anybody in this forum have the chance to do something like that and let us know?

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

I found a couple of videos

This is the sony-made stylus for the ultra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMZD3qvinRA

In this italian video it is also said that it can write with a pencil without lead, more importantly it shows that while accepting pen input, the ultra still is multitouch, so maybe additional seetings have to be changed or maybe some software might be ported from the ultra to the z1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buYLYzM1HGY

this other video shows a comparative test with different "styluses"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnxRxtm1H9c

BLiapis
Old
Thanks Meter 7
The apk worked wonders, cheers bud! Me likey!
Current devices:
--------------------------

Xperia Z1, Xperia L, HTC Touch Cruise, MIO P550.

algarues
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoN View Post
I found out that I could not install your app because i had easy eyes running while trying it

disabling it make the "install" button usable

By the way I noticed that if you change the touch sensitivity setting to 0.1 in clearpad_pen.idc

then the system rewrites it back to 0.2 after a while

How can it be permanently changed?

LSD DREAMER
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Correct me if I'm wrong. You can't use this if you still have the screen protector on

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

crusnikmachine
Old
(Last edited by crusnikmachine; 18th March 2014 at 02:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Screen protector should not be an issue unless its super thick (1mm+?) , which would also make normal use worse.

100% working with my glass m 0.2mm protector, which i would highly recommend since i wrote this with a key which might make some surfaces unhappy

(This is the coolest thing ever!!)

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to crusnikmachine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSD DREAMER View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong. You can't use this if you still have the screen protector on

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You can. It's meant to be used like that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]