XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Using the PRO 12.2 on the plane and in the bus

Tip us?

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Using the PRO 12.2 on the plane and in the bus

Anybody tried to use the PRO 12.2 on the plane or on the bus? I did not have the device but I put an A4 size magazine on the small table when I took the plane. Even with the person at the front tilted the chair backward, I could still type on the imaginary NOTE PRO 12.2. Anybody tried to type or view documents/movies on a small desk in the plane? How about typing and viewing on the bus or while standing at the bus stop?

User experience appreciated. Thanks.

nymviper1126
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime_android View Post
Anybody tried to use the PRO 12.2 on the plane or on the bus? I did not have the device but I put an A4 size magazine on the small table when I took the plane. Even with the person at the front tilted the chair backward, I could still type on the imaginary NOTE PRO 12.2. Anybody tried to type or view documents/movies on a small desk in the plane? How about typing and viewing on the bus or while standing at the bus stop?

User experience appreciated. Thanks.
Used on the subway. Its a little unwieldy, but isnt bad considering how it would be to use a laptop(I would never)

Buji
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I just flew from California to Florida by way it two layovers. Total air time was around 8 hours I think. (We were flying standby).

The notepro definitely felt a little more unwieldy than my old 10 in tablets, and the guy next to me with a kindle paperwhite (paperweight, amirite?) Commented on how big it was....

Comparing to my gf working on her 15" laptop though it was not a problem. I did find it was just fine resting on the tray table, but I am on the hunt for a good folding cover.

Oh, and when I started reading comixology, Mr. Paperwhite was taken back by the image...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Lol. I think it depends on how you hold it. I layed the one at bestbuy across my arm like you would cradle a baby and use the other hand to navigate the ui, spen etc. It felt waaaay better to me than any 10 inch tablet. I felt more comfortable holding and using it and less likely to drop it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I think a larger surface area may help for stability. The device is not available in my area yet. Can't try it.