XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[falcon][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Tip us?

ig0r260892
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_123 View Post
Can someone help me I cannot wipe data/media on philz recovery and my phone is stuck on a boot loop
How will wiping sdcard help you? As far as I understand, the problem is that even full wipe including System doesn't solve the bootloop. If so - your only solution is to flash back the stock 4.4.2 rom and bootloader and start it over again because if you format sdcard you won't be able to get a rom zip into your phone since, as far as I know, adb sideload doesn't work on our device.
I might be wrong but this was the only way I found to solve bootloop on my moto g

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xnewser
Old
Thanks Meter 3
hi phil, may be you know what Im doing wrong, Im on stock 4.4.2 173.44.9.falcon_umts.movistar.en.CL, ROOTED and Ive tryed to upgrade to Blur_Version.172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US from your recovery 6.13.9 - falcon with no success, operation aborted just after opening package, selected by flash zip from sdcard..of course my model is 1032, Any advice? TIA

Nandeh
Old
Thanks Meter 178

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnewser View Post
hi phil, may be you know what Im doing wrong, Im on stock 4.4.2 173.44.9.falcon_umts.movistar.en.CL, ROOTED and Ive tryed to upgrade to Blur_Version.172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US from your recovery 6.13.9 - falcon with no success, operation aborted just after opening package, selected by flash zip from sdcard..of course my model is 1032, Any advice? TIA
Afaik, If you are trying to flash an official Moto package, it only will work using fastboot or Stock recovery...
Moto G

ROM: Stock 176.44.1 EU (KK 4.4.2)

Dropbox

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandeh View Post
Afaik, If you are trying to flash an official Moto package, it only will work using fastboot or Stock recovery...
No. I have flashed automatically last ota on my en.EU firmware with Philz recovery and stock system.img partition. There is no need to reflash stock recovery, you need only of a unmodded system partition with no root and no other change.

xnewser
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel09 View Post
No. I have flashed automatically last ota on my en.EU firmware with Philz recovery and stock system.img partition. There is no need to reflash stock recovery, you need only of a unmodded system partition with no root and no other change.
Thanks but no success, fully unrooted factory reset and data wiped, just another question, what about the recovery option to clean to install a new rom? may be I have to choose this? what is the difference? can I simply restore if installation goes to be aborted again? TIA

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Again:
i had philz recovery installed,
system.img was stock, no modded or root or other,
downloaded last ota automatically,
reboot like ota update ask,
phone reboots automatically in recovery,
and automatically recovery flash the update previous downloaded,
done.
No other.

MaLiXs
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Very nice Recovery! Keep your hard work

Envoyé de mon XT1032 en utilisant Tapatalk
Dont have DropBox yet ? Create one now and gain freespace ! : http://db.tt/5nha1fLI

Main Device : Moto G XT1032 - ROM : SlimKat - Kernel : Pink Kernel
UberDeskClock : Gnex - Rom : Omni Rom

Nandeh
Old
Thanks Meter 178

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnewser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel09 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess xnewuser is trying to make a full install of a new ROM version (Retail.en.US), not just upgrading the same he has installed (movistar.en.CL), so that's the reason he will need the Stock Recovery to make it.

Or if he's just upgrading Retail.en.US over movistar.en.CL it's normal it doesn't work...
Moto G

ROM: Stock 176.44.1 EU (KK 4.4.2)

Dropbox

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandeh View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess xnewuser is trying to make a full install of a new ROM version (Retail.en.US), not just upgrading the same he has installed (movistar.en.CL), so that's the reason he will need the Stock Recovery to make it.

Or if he's just upgrading Retail.en.US over movistar.en.CL it's normal it doesn't work...
Yes, honestly i don't know what he is trying to do.

Landrea
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I have a Moto G XT1032 with unlocked bootloader.
I extract recovery.img from zip and flashed it via fastboot.
I got no errors (beside mismatched size, but I think it's normal), BUT the recovery is still STOCK.
What am I missing? How can I enter the Philz recovery? Thanks much in advance