No registration required

[Q] Noob - Wifi Authentication Issue

OP staceyr

10th March 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi All -

I just got my S4 this past weekend (running 4.3) and I now cannot connect to the secure network at work. On my droid if I went to any random webpage the screen for accepting terms would come up, I would click the button to accept and it would connect. With the S4 I cannot seem to get that page to appear. It just uses the 4G for the 'net. If I put it into airplane mode with wifi on, it just has the "not connected" message (tried refreshing many times). I also have tried the wifi manager app (no luck) as well as restarting and using multiple browsers. In searching it looks like this is a known issue, but I can't seem to find a solution that works. I searched here as well (wifi authentication, S4 wifi, etc) with no luck. If I missed a page, I apologize - new here and most of it seemed to be over my head development. Any help or direction would be great as I'm very frustrated.

Thanks
10th March 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
More
I have to do the same thing with my school network, try to go to the wifi menu, go to settings menu, and hit advanced. There should be an option that says "auto network switch". Uncheck that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th March 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppat324wi

I have to do the same thing with my school network, try to go to the wifi menu, go to settings menu, and hit advanced. There should be an option that says "auto network switch". Uncheck that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That is already unchecked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread