Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Horrible speaker and bluetooth streaming quality

Tip us?

ledvedder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default [Q] Horrible speaker and bluetooth streaming quality

Does everyone else have this issue? Is there something wrong with my phone? Is there a fix for this?

chaki-
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledvedder View Post
Does everyone else have this issue? Is there something wrong with my phone? Is there a fix for this?
In my case coming from beats this phone has very accurate tone reproduction. I am glad with the speaker and BT is very good in the car.
But then again it is also a matter of bitrate.....

Maybe Levi Strauss should sue Apple too. He came up with the single button concept on pants first. Apple copied him...........

HTC - was great
Moto - is good'ish
LG G2- the best phone i had (for now)

roor1337
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
are you using stock ROM that came on the phone? Otherwise a custom ROM may be the problem.

SwampNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I don't hear anything that sounds like BT bitrate issues or experienced and connection issues with my T-Mobile LG G2 (stock). I would have noticed a problem with BT streaming in my car. This was something I dealt with on my GNex.

bigpappa
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Sprint version. I have zero issues with bluetooth quality on stock rooted. The phone speaker itself is no htc one as far as sound goes but its not horrible. I bought a Satechi Bluetooth Touch speaker on amazon for my wife for xmas and it better than the Jawbone Jambox. Gives a beats pill a run for its money too. At 1/4 the price of both. Think I paid $25 for it during cyber week sale. Cant recommend that speaker enough, its incredible for its pricepoint.

BT audio quality has far more to do with the speaker it connects to than your phone. Of course no one knows what the exact problem you are havong is because you werent really specific.

votinh
Old
Thanks Meter 426
When listening music or watch youtube, it's OK, nothing fancy about but when using speaker phone, it's 3 levels below horrible.
BT is OK
Official CM10.1 Nightly @ 1000MHz NOOKcolor
Offiical CM11 KK Nightly on Kindle Fire 1st-Gen
Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" w/ Nova Launcher
Virgin JB 4.3 on Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Rooted stock-ROM KK 4.4.2 on LG-D800

Virgin Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - LOST
Slimbean 8.1 on Galaxy S2 i777 - LOST

jtberr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I do. It's freaking horrible. MP3's are crackle-y and the play speed is slowed down; it sounds like a record player or tape deck that is dragging.

I'm connecting to a Scala Q1 helmet headset. My old phone worked perfectly with this, but the LG G2 does not.

Has anybody found a solution for this?