Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] newbs root and rom question

Tip us?

brownra509
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] newbs root and rom question

hey im new to the whole rooting and roms I just bought a new Samsung galaxy s3 mini and I cant wait to get it but I was wondering. it comes with jellybean 4.2.2 and I was thinking about trying out the new pac man rom wich is kitkat 4.4.2 would I be able to use this rom or would I need to get a older version of it thanks again guys any other tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

GXGOW
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Location: /storage/sdcard1/Europe/Belgium/East-Flanders/Hamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownra509 View Post
hey im new to the whole rooting and roms I just bought a new Samsung galaxy s3 mini and I cant wait to get it but I was wondering. it comes with jellybean 4.2.2 and I was thinking about trying out the new pac man rom wich is kitkat 4.4.2 would I be able to use this rom or would I need to get a older version of it thanks again guys any other tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!
If you buy the normal international version (GT-I8190/L/R), you won't have any problems rooting it and installing the ROM. However, if you buy a carrier-modified version, you won't be able to install that specific ROM, since it's not built for your device.

Sent from my GT-I8190 MaclawStudio Carbon 4.4.2 using Tapatalk

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownra509 View Post
GXGOW is right. The best choice is to buy the international GT-I8190. Sure it comes with android 4.1.2, but that's not bad (i kinda preffer it over 4.2.2). And the GT-I8190 versions (normal ; L and N) are the most customisable ones and everything you'd want will work on them
Cheers for your amazing new phone if it's gonna be a GT-I8190 otherwise cheers for your new phone