Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 41,763 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dead Sensors

Tip us?

Draktalah
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Dead Sensors

Hi there everyone,
I've been a long time reader but first time poster hehe
I just got a slightly used Note 3 (build N900TUVUBMI7) and upon checking that everything was working properly I noticed some issues with the sensors, so I checked by dialing *#0*# and this is what I got on the Sensor tab: (you can see it in the attached picture) All the values are at ZERO!

I know chances are I just got broken hardware, but if that's not the case, are there are software solutions I could try to restore Sensor functionality?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-09-20-17-21.png
Views:	1936
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	2622597  

Limeybastard
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draktalah View Post
Hi there everyone,
I've been a long time reader but first time poster hehe
I just got a slightly used Note 3 (build N900TUVUBMI7) and upon checking that everything was working properly I noticed some issues with the sensors, so I checked by dialing *#0*# and this is what I got on the Sensor tab: (you can see it in the attached picture) All the values are at ZERO!

I know chances are I just got broken hardware, but if that's not the case, are there are software solutions I could try to restore Sensor functionality?

Thanks.

Did you put your hand over the sensor to see if the value change?

siskiou
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I just checked one out, that had the same problem. In that case, the previous owner had replaced the screen and damaged the front camera with the sensors. Camera is very easy to replace and cheap. But he'd also broken off two contacts on the motherboard, which must have had a role in the sensor control. Got the camera working again, but not the sensors. If you can't return the phone, it might be worth buying a replacement front camera with sensors, but maybe open it up first, and see if anything is loose or disconnected.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk