5,605,187 Members 37,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Facebook events on mobile. How often do you use them?
Everyday, it's a must. 6 20.69%
Only for big events, 2-3 times a month. 6 20.69%
Just to check birthdays. 8 27.59%
NEVER! Events on facebook? Are you crazy? 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

[APP][2.1+] Fast for Facebook

Tip us?

wilflare
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I say yes unless you do a lot in groups or are a group admin.
You can still use groups but FaceBook limits what they allow.
Otherwise, this is better.
I'm pretty used to the default client on my Note 3 (it's not really unbearably slow)
maybe I'll use both and see how it goes

rootlinux
Old
Thanks Meter 2518

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare View Post
I'm pretty used to the default client on my Note 3 (it's not really unbearably slow)
maybe I'll use both and see how it goes
I use both because I do a lot in groups and admin.
This app has a better UI and is user friendly.
Nothing to see here

ipdstnger2
Old
Thanks Meter 77
No notifications in the past weeks again. All permissions correct. Reinstalled & tried app on 2 different phones. Ughhhh

Sent from my Nocturnal Google Edition CDMA 5.0

OOmatrixOO
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Hi.
How can i see my own lists? i create a list, but i dont see this list in Fast. I see only the default Facebook lists, like family...

tom0
Old
Thanks Meter 3
@taomorpheus
Is it correct if I have the purchased version of Fast (Pro) that, if I click on widgets, linked to the messenger in the store and in the messenger shows adds?

Sopimpro
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom0 View Post
@taomorpheus
Is it correct if I have the purchased version of Fast (Pro) that, if I click on widgets, linked to the messenger in the store and in the messenger shows adds?
I emailed him a few days ago because I was wondering the same thing. It seems that if you have Fast Pro installed, you won't get any full-screen ads but you'll still have the banner ads.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sopimpro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crnkoj
Old
Thanks Meter 340
Quote:
@taomorpheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopimpro View Post
I emailed him a few days ago because I was wondering the same thing. It seems that if you have Fast Pro installed, you won't get any full-screen ads but you'll still have the banner ads.
He said, he is going to rework the messenger and widgets so that there are no ads for paid pro users.
The Following User Says Thank You to crnkoj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

taomorpheus
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak07 View Post
Hey tao

Found a little bug. When you long press on a message that is still in composition field on messages view and tap on select all the text and the surrounding field are the same colour. Nothing big just a little cosmetic issue.

Great pleasure as always to use your app. Could even make a few of my friends buy your app
Hi! Can you send me a screenshot? Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessy View Post
Im using viral instead of the offical youtube app. Noticed that i am unable to open youtube links as it claims i do not have the youtube app installed. other than that, works great!
Hello! I use the official youtube app apis, so Fast directly use the yt engine to render the video. I think that I can add a control that opens other yt apps if yt is not installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare View Post
not sure if I should switch from the default Facebook client
I always say that it's impossible to replicate official features, but if you don't mind to use Fast for almost everything and maybe the web browser for the few things that fast can't do, your phone will thank you so much. Ah, just one thing, Facebook official app asks too many permissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipdstnger2 View Post
No notifications in the past weeks again. All permissions correct. Reinstalled & tried app on 2 different phones. Ughhhh

Sent from my Nocturnal Google Edition CDMA 5.0
Notifications are under a big stress I have to find the time and improve the service. Sorry for the issue. Try to reboot the phone and reinstall the app in the meanwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOmatrixOO View Post
Hi.
How can i see my own lists? i create a list, but i dont see this list in Fast. I see only the default Facebook lists, like family...
Well, if you have created a list on Facebook web site and the lists are already loaded on Fast, there is no way to refresh them. The only way is to clean the app and login again. I know it's bad design choice, I will add a refresh

Quote:
@taomorpheus
Yep, if you have the pro version (also a cracked apk xD) you will not see any ads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopimpro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnkoj View Post
He said, he is going to rework the messenger and widgets so that there are no ads for paid pro users.
It's active! No ads for pro users!

cm2003
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I really like your App. However I don't really like it's design. Also some functionalities are missing (can't recall one right now though ).

For me Klyph is my reference in Facebook clients. I love it's design and also pretty much all functionalities of Facebook are included. Unfortunately he stops his development and might make it open source. So maybe you can catch up with him at least for the design? :P

I'm Fast Pro User almost since the first our and I highly appreciate your work and also see a lot of change since the first versions. Just the design :*(

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cm2003 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

taomorpheus
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm2003 View Post
I really like your App. However I don't really like it's design. Also some functionalities are missing (can't recall one right now though ).

For me Klyph is my reference in Facebook clients. I love it's design and also pretty much all functionalities of Facebook are included. Unfortunately he stops his development and might make it open source. So maybe you can catch up with him at least for the design? :P

I'm Fast Pro User almost since the first our and I highly appreciate your work and also see a lot of change since the first versions. Just the design :*(

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk
Well, I know that Fast has a simple design, but it is easy to use and customize. Klyph is really similar to Google+ and I don't want to completely create a "mirror" of google+. I will improve the design but It will not be something like klyph

Fast is light because there are simple layouts, with no animations and low levels of hierarchy. The hard thing is to find a good compensation between the design and the performance. For example, a big difference that I have noticed is that with a good typography the overall visual quality of the app improved a lot. So, I think that the design of the app will slowly improve using these kind of "tricks". Huge and immediate changes are not possible, because people learn really slowly and they get used to the flow and design.
We are talking about 1 million active users, so you can understand how much is difficult to make everyone happy. All the third party apps are a lot below of 500k users (klyph for example is 10k, friendcaster 300k).
Btw, I will never stop the development and I will always try to improve the app If you have some ideas please write them down and we will discuss them!
Thank you for the feedback.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taomorpheus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
alternative to facebook, android 2.1+, fast for facebook