5,605,685 Members 48,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hancom Office App

Tip us?

gamerdad09
Old
Thanks Meter 20
The updated files seem to have fixed my issues with Power Point files crashing Hshow.

Is there any reason at all to install the viewer files? I have not bothered to install the 3 viewers since the editor's load my files fine.
Nexus 7 2013 FHD [Rooted Stock]

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerdad09 View Post
The updated files seem to have fixed my issues with Power Point files crashing Hshow.

Is there any reason at all to install the viewer files? I have not bothered to install the 3 viewers since the editor's load my files fine.
No to the master Viewer app that can be launched by itself - it borked both my N10.1-14 and N3. Yes to the Hword, Hcell, and Hshow Viewers now that they're working. Here's the benefit. They open in Multi View mode so say you're in an e-mail that has a Word attachment. Using the Hword Viewer (which opens faster than Hword) it opens in a half page so you can quickly look at it. When you're done and hit the back capacitive key it just disappears and leaves you back in the full-screen e-mail app where you left off. It lets you open the file in Hword if you decide to and has a share option so you can send it somewhere or add it as an attachment to a new e-mail unrelated to the one you started with. The PDF viewer which was included with the widgets APK works the same way.

The borked master Viewer app is more like a document manager where you can find and poke around in your (local) Word, PPT, Excel, and PDF files. It also has a widget that will be pretty cool once it starts working; hopefully after we get 4.4/M-UX.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tahrang
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The new files haven't solved my problem. Hshow crashes when opening a file or creating a file. It gives me an error "unfortunately Hshow has stopped."

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Dzigner
Devices:
Note 10.1 2014, Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4
Samsung RC512

wingdo
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahrang View Post
The new files haven't solved my problem. Hshow crashes when opening a file or creating a file. It gives me an error "unfortunately Hshow has stopped."

What files did you install? I have opened up 40 page ppt sideshows with lots of transitions and everything works better than any other Android office program.

Sent via Tapatalk and my thumbs.
Samsung Galaxy S4: Rooted de-bloated Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014: Stock, rooted, bloat frozen
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Stock, rooted, de-bloated

D1 -> POS ThunderBolt -> Bionic -> RAZR MAXX -> Samsung Galaxy S4

tahrang
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I downloaded the hancomNew24_2.zip file ab me installed from there. Are there other files?

Dzigner
Devices:
Note 10.1 2014, Nexus 7, LG Nexus 4
Samsung RC512

arty93
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahrang View Post
I downloaded the hancomNew24_2.zip file ab me installed from there. Are there other files?

Having the same problem as you. Everything works perfectly except hshow

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

markkemperman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I notice that the update app has 'update' faded on the right of the list of suite apps. Is that because the install isn't on a Pro 12.1 and I'll have to do it manually in future? (Hope that makes sense!)

[Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro]

gamerdad09
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkemperman View Post
I notice that the update app has 'update' faded on the right of the list of suite apps. Is that because the install isn't on a Pro 12.1 and I'll have to do it manually in future? (Hope that makes sense!)
Yes because it isn't running on a Note Pro 12.1. You would have to sideload future updated APKs. Hopefully Samsung will release it for sale officially in the near future.
Nexus 7 2013 FHD [Rooted Stock]

nrage23
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerdad09 View Post
Yes because it isn't running on a Note Pro 12.1. You would have to sideload future updated APKs. Hopefully Samsung will release it for sale officially in the near future.
I would bet it will be available for the Note 2014 once it is upgraded to KitKat.
Phone:

LG G2 (Verizon)
HTC One Max (Verizon)

Tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)

Nvidia Shield

Asus Transformer Book T100 64gb
Windows 8.1

Retired Phones: Droid DNA, HTC Rezound, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4g
Retired Tablets: Archos 5, Huwaei S7, Viewsonic G Tab, Acer A500, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Galaxy 7 Plus, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2013., Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

MikeChannon
Old
Forum Administrator
Thanks Meter 3280
We have been contacted by Hancom about unofficial distribution of APKs.

Some posts with download links have been removed.

The App is intended only for public distribution for Galaxy Tab pro 8.4, Galaxy Tab pro 10.1, Galaxy Note pro 12.2 users and is done so under license to Samsung.

Please do not give download links for the APKs here.

Mike
Forum Administrator