5,606,297 Members 31,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][DEC 10][Flo] - Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - KOT49H - Google OTA - Odex&Deodex

Tip us?

damopi95
Old
Thanks Meter 254
hi guys! i have a doubt and i am here because i think in this thread you can help me this monday i did get my new Nexus 7 2013, and i have tested Franco Kernel r12 since that, but due to some instability issues i have to test some other options, i would like to test elemetaryx kernel, but it has a lot of files to change and if i had to revert to stock i dont like that this "changed" files remain into system, so i need a flashable zip to restore the rom (for this remaining files) without wiping nothing (i cannot do fastboot flash system method because i have not a computer, and another doubt, what rom flash? odexed or non odexed? (google factory images are odexed or non odexed?) and... if i have to flash one of this two roms i will lost OTAs or will i get them? thanks in advance for your help and sorry for this noob questions!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

deathblade
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by damopi95 View Post
hi guys! i have a doubt and i am here because i think in this thread you can help me this monday i did get my new Nexus 7 2013, and i have tested Franco Kernel r12 since that, but due to some instability issues i have to test some other options, i would like to test elemetaryx kernel, but it has a lot of files to change and if i had to revert to stock i dont like that this "changed" files remain into system, so i need a flashable zip to restore the rom (for this remaining files) without wiping nothing (i cannot do fastboot flash system method because i have not a computer, and another doubt, what rom flash? odexed or non odexed? (google factory images are odexed or non odexed?) and... if i have to flash one of this two roms i will lost OTAs or will i get them? thanks in advance for your help and sorry for this noob questions!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk
OK you. Come to the right place for stock, here are something's that may answer your questions:

1. Google ships updates not odex
The difference between odex and not is mostly a slight battery life increasement, stability, speed ( all of which are very slight ) but these are the advantages of odex ROMs.
2. Ota is working within this ROM
3. I suggest the odex version

Hope this helped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Rom:Sinless/Vanir (via Multirom)

Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Rom: Vanir 4.4.2

Samsung SGH-i977 Infuse 4G

LINKS:
MY SLIDING MESSAGING THEMES ARE LOCATED HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathblade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

damopi95
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
OK you. Come to the right place for stock, here are something's that may answer your questions:

1. Google ships updates not odex
The difference between odex and not is mostly a slight battery life increasement, stability, speed ( all of which are very slight ) but these are the advantages of odex ROMs.
2. Ota is working within this ROM
3. I suggest the odex version

Hope this helped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Awesone answer! Thanks!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

MWFD
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Any chance this can be flashed over CM11? i'm on 3/9 nightly and just curious if anyone's had any success with flashing over CM?

donjohnson2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWFD View Post
Any chance this can be flashed over CM11? i'm on 3/9 nightly and just curious if anyone's had any success with flashing over CM?
why do you want to flash over CM11? this is the stock rom, not the same base as CM. do a full wipe in recovery before flashing.

Macmee
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I LOVE these stock rooted roms, thank you so much for them!

This is the latest one, right?

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 335

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macmee View Post
I LOVE these stock rooted roms, thank you so much for them!

This is the latest one, right?
YES it is, he's good about keeping the OP updated. It is a dynamite ROM. I consider it the best AOSP based ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841

username4this
Old
(Last edited by username4this; Yesterday at 10:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Does this have the optimized libraries?