5,595,815 Members 35,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][DEC 10][Flo] - Stock Rooted 4.4.2 - KOT49H - Google OTA - Odex&Deodex

Tip us?

damopi95
Old
Thanks Meter 241
hi guys! i have a doubt and i am here because i think in this thread you can help me this monday i did get my new Nexus 7 2013, and i have tested Franco Kernel r12 since that, but due to some instability issues i have to test some other options, i would like to test elemetaryx kernel, but it has a lot of files to change and if i had to revert to stock i dont like that this "changed" files remain into system, so i need a flashable zip to restore the rom (for this remaining files) without wiping nothing (i cannot do fastboot flash system method because i have not a computer, and another doubt, what rom flash? odexed or non odexed? (google factory images are odexed or non odexed?) and... if i have to flash one of this two roms i will lost OTAs or will i get them? thanks in advance for your help and sorry for this noob questions!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

deathblade
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by damopi95 View Post
hi guys! i have a doubt and i am here because i think in this thread you can help me this monday i did get my new Nexus 7 2013, and i have tested Franco Kernel r12 since that, but due to some instability issues i have to test some other options, i would like to test elemetaryx kernel, but it has a lot of files to change and if i had to revert to stock i dont like that this "changed" files remain into system, so i need a flashable zip to restore the rom (for this remaining files) without wiping nothing (i cannot do fastboot flash system method because i have not a computer, and another doubt, what rom flash? odexed or non odexed? (google factory images are odexed or non odexed?) and... if i have to flash one of this two roms i will lost OTAs or will i get them? thanks in advance for your help and sorry for this noob questions!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk
OK you. Come to the right place for stock, here are something's that may answer your questions:

1. Google ships updates not odex
The difference between odex and not is mostly a slight battery life increasement, stability, speed ( all of which are very slight ) but these are the advantages of odex ROMs.
2. Ota is working within this ROM
3. I suggest the odex version

Hope this helped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Rom:Sinless/Vanir (via Multirom)

Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Rom: Vanir 4.4.2

Samsung SGH-i977 Infuse 4G

LINKS:
MY SLIDING MESSAGING THEMES ARE LOCATED HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathblade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

damopi95
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
OK you. Come to the right place for stock, here are something's that may answer your questions:

1. Google ships updates not odex
The difference between odex and not is mostly a slight battery life increasement, stability, speed ( all of which are very slight ) but these are the advantages of odex ROMs.
2. Ota is working within this ROM
3. I suggest the odex version

Hope this helped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Awesone answer! Thanks!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

MWFD
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Any chance this can be flashed over CM11? i'm on 3/9 nightly and just curious if anyone's had any success with flashing over CM?