Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help needed in advance restore of nandroid backup

Tip us?

krazzyK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Help needed in advance restore of nandroid backup

Hey people im a newbie here and i want to learn stuff about android.
Recently i checked out the cm 11(4.4.2) roms for my XM... they were good but most of the releases are in the beta stages... I reverted to my stock rom(4.1.2) after a try...

I had a backup of my earlier stock rom(4.1.2) which i restored through cwm successfully.. all went great.. But then the liquid smooth rom came in and i wanted to try it... it was great... i made a clean flash of the liquid smooth rom from my stock... i had a backup of my cm11(4.4.2) rom from before.. i made an advance restore of the data from it(4.4.2 to 4.4.2) and everything went well...

Now my question is if in case i do an advance restore of data from my stock rom backup(4.1.2) to the liquid smooth rom(4.4.2)... will i get any issues??

Thanks for helping in advance..

gamer649
Old
Thanks Meter 323

DONATE TO ME
I'm far from an expert on the topic at hand, however I believe you shouldn't get any errors so long as all the system files to the ROM are left untouched. Get somebody to confirm or correct me however.

Sent from my C1905 using xda app-developers app
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/BuildNumber: 14.4.A.0.108 | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: Stock (Unlockable Bootloader) | Network: giffgaff Stolen
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: 11-20140527-NIGHTLY-grouper | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A
Backup/Development Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905

krazzyK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default playing with nandroid

I did a few sessions of backup and restores in my XM... I found quite a wierd result..

When i do an advanced restore from stock rom(4.1.2) backup to liquid rom(4.4.2) all works fine...
But whenever i try an advanced restore from liquid rom(4.4.2) backup to stock(4.1.2) i get a bootloop...
I just wanna know if this is the same with everyone or is there a mistake in my measures... I guess its got to do something with android upgrading and downgrading procedures... if its not my fault...