5,605,835 Members 47,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[4.2.2][MIUIv5 4.3.7] Galaxy S4 [Verizon]

Tip us?

brizey
Old
Thanks Meter 310
So far for me everything is working. Inbound and outbound calls, SMS,mms, etc. 4g is sticking through reboots. I installed WSM tools (basically xposed for miui) and mi-tools to bypass the checks on themes and for a reboot menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moejoe88
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMYINC View Post
Yeah you can do that. Just takes longer. Wipe real good and flash a cm based ROM. Make sure your CDMA subscription is set to ruim/sim then wipe again and reflash miui if you want to try again. You don't sound like a tool at all. No worries. If you need more help just post here or pm me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thanks man. That fixed it. Think I'll stay with hyperdrive for awhile. Might play around with it on my next day off when I have more time. Really is a beautiful rom. I'd love to have this as a DD. Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to moejoe88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brizey
Old
Thanks Meter 310
More tests:

Bluetooth calls outbound (dialed from my car 2010 Infiniti)

Bluetooth calls inbound

Bluetooth audio streaming:

orateam
Old
(Last edited by orateam; 11th March 2014 at 03:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 75
Deleted .. redundant

Tquetski
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1988
doot doot, next versionup will have streamlined G-apps it is creating a problem for people so I'm going to include that and just the play store; the bare minimum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tquetski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orateam
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tquetski View Post
doot doot, next versionup will have streamlined G-apps it is creating a problem for people so I'm going to include that and just the play store; the bare minimum
Thanks.
I did get this installed, the GAPPS was the kicker. I tried a bunch of gapps to see which one did it. I was determined. There was one magic one.

Steps I took

1) Installed Cyanogen Mod (http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/...3-jfltevzw.zip). Loaded and made sure i was on UIM mode not NV.
2) installed MIUI .28. did the *#*#4636#*#* trick to get my 4G. Data working, Phone was not.
3) Installed THIS specific Gapps as every other one seems to cause the phone to die (http://www.mediafire.com/?6nkccj4ae0tz32d).

That's it. Somehow that GAPP turned on my phone.

Manny

brizey
Old
Thanks Meter 310
Wonder why some had issues with Gapps and others didn't. I couldn't find anything at all that didn't work...LTE, WiFi, BT, SMS, MMS, phone, etc. etc.and I just flashed the standard 8/12 gapps. I didn't need to flash another ROM for the radio...I just changed to RUIM and LTE/CDMA in MIUI's settings and did the db edit and rebooted.

Tquetski
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1988
Ok uploading now but I'm going to write what's new before updating the OP

stuff people just won't care about:
- Removed considerable bloat
- MIUI pre-built apps are intact

stuff people will care about
- Google services Framework and modded Playstore have been included; I know people are tired of G-apps battlefield.
- MIUI software camera (It comes with Xiaomi devices only normally woofwoof)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tquetski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orateam
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tquetski View Post
Ok uploading now but I'm going to write what's new before updating the OP

stuff people just won't care about:
- Removed considerable bloat
- MIUI pre-built apps are intact

stuff people will care about
- Google services Framework and modded Playstore have been included; I know people are tired of G-apps battlefield.
- MIUI software camera (It comes with Xiaomi devices only normally woofwoof)

I flashed this tonight just clearing davlik and regular cache. No issues,,. took the upgrade and even said 'sucessfully upgraded to .37''

heath2805
Old
Thanks Meter 360
Haven't tried 3-10 build. Gonna give this a run in the morning. Are we still tweaking prefered network from 7 to 10 with SQlite editor?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk