Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Overclock Kernel for 4.4.2

OP bladehawk

10th March 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
I'm Trying to find a 4.4.2 compatible kernel that supports overclocking, under-volting and some battery optimizations (preferably developer supported). I was using Perseus in my Note II and loved it. But since moving to 4.4.2 the one kernel I tried kept the phone from booting. I don't want or need a whole ROM, just a kernel.
10th March 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,608
 
5,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladehawk

I'm Trying to find a 4.4.2 compatible kernel that supports overclocking, under-volting and some battery optimizations (preferably developer supported). I was using Perseus in my Note II and loved it. But since moving to 4.4.2 the one kernel I tried kept the phone from booting. I don't want or need a whole ROM, just a kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541304
heres a kernel just download no need for the rom
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541304
heres a kernel just download no need for the rom

I pushed the kernel with TWRP, cleared DALVIK, and nothing but boot loops. Thank goodness for backups. Any ideas of things I could try?
The Following User Says Thank You to bladehawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #4  
B3311's Avatar
Senior Member
Gelderd End, 1974
Thanks Meter: 627
 
1,662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladehawk

I pushed the kernel with TWRP, cleared DALVIK, and nothing but boot loops. Thank goodness for backups. Any ideas of things I could try?

The right kernel would be good.... The link posted was for 4.3, not 4.4.2. The correct version is here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2646185
Last edited by B3311; 10th March 2014 at 11:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to B3311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3311

The right kernel would be good.... The link posted was for 4.3, not 4.4.2. The correct version is here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2646185

This worked perfectly, thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to bladehawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes