FORUMS

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

Talk back is off but device is talking to me

1,021 posts
Thanks Meter: 149
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just messed around with a bunch of settings and talk back under accessibility is not on but if I open up the browser it will say page loaded

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
8th March 2014, 03:31 PM |#2  
RussellEstridge25's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 149
 
Donate to Me
More
Nevermind I figured it out under accessibility I had greenify turned on thinking it would help the app kill background processes but it still makes talk back talk when apps are being closed or browsers are being opened or pages are being loaded so I turned it off

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th March 2014, 04:57 PM |#3  
gamerdad09's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellEstridge25

Nevermind I figured it out under accessibility I had greenify turned on thinking it would help the app kill background processes but it still makes talk back talk when apps are being closed or browsers are being opened or pages are being loaded so I turned it off

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't see Greenify under accessibility on my P600, but I'm having the same issue with the browser talking.
10th March 2014, 05:09 PM |#4  
RussellEstridge25's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 149
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerdad09

I don't see Greenify under accessibility on my P600, but I'm having the same issue with the browser talking.

Did you check all the settings in accessibility?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 08:42 PM |#5  
gamerdad09's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellEstridge25

Did you check all the settings in accessibility?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes... no option labeled "Greenify"

Doesn't matter I'll just continue to leave the volume off.
10th March 2014, 09:00 PM |#6  
benni_1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Friedrichshafen
Thanks Meter: 444
 
More
Greenify is an app which hibernates user apps so the cpu is able to get into deepsleep. What RussellEstrige25 meant, was that you have to make sure that no app is enabled under accessibility because that might cause the talkback issue. Greenify was just an example

S4 9505 / Note 10.1 2014 P600
Hit the Thanks button if I was able to help you
The Following User Says Thank You to benni_1994 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes