5,606,297 Members 32,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to root moto g without unlocking bootloader?

Tip us?

TotalD3str4ct
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_doyland View Post
I have unlocked the bootloader and if a hardware fault occured I would ask Motorola to fix it, if they said no as my warranty is void (and refuse to fix it whatever I say) my only option is to then take to them court. Am I going to do that over a 160 phone - no Im not, I'll just buy a new phone as taking Motorola to court isnt something I fancy doing
Did you buy the phone from Motorola directly? Probably no.
Amazon, Tesco, Phones4you etc...
The warranty contract which is provided by EU law is not between you and the manufacturer (Motorola), but between you and the seller.
So if you have a hardware fault, you send/take the phone back to the seller. It's true that If they don't replace it right away, they'll probably send it to Motorola for repair anyways, and Motorola can say that your warranty is void.
But in this article this article they say:
"In case the seller refuses your right to repair or replace the device, you can sue him in a civil litigation and can report the incident to the national authority. In many European countries such action does not even require hiring a lawyer and is most of the time ensured by consumers associations."
The Following User Says Thank You to TotalD3str4ct For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scott_doyland
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Thanks for the info, its obvious to me now that I'd go to phones4u - just as I would return any faulty appliance to the seller. It would be interesting to see what happened if I ever had to do that, but i hope I don't have to.
The Following User Says Thank You to scott_doyland For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

balajiasmartguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default cwm without unlocking

can we install cwm by this method ( http://motorola-g.blogspot.in/2013/1...overy.html?m=1 )without unlocking? if possible we can install pre rooted roms by cwm. am a noobie... guide me pls

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajiasmartguy View Post
can we install cwm by this method ( http://motorola-g.blogspot.in/2013/1...overy.html?m=1 )without unlocking? if possible we can install pre rooted roms by cwm. am a noobie... guide me pls
You can't. Atm it's not possible root moto g without unlock bl. There are not other ways for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to denzel09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

balajiasmartguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel09 View Post
You can't. Atm it's not possible root moto g without unlock bl. There are not other ways for now.
cwm?

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
cwm?
Without unlock bootloader you can not boot or flash a custom recovery on moto g. It is not possible in our case. Again.
The Following User Says Thank You to denzel09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

balajiasmartguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
y its not possible... in recovery it has a option to install update from SD card... with this can't we install cwm? correct me if I am wrong...

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 582
For root on g you need:
unlock bootloader,
custom recovery.
If you don't unlock bootloader forget root.

balajiasmartguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by denzel09 View Post
For root on g you need:
unlock bootloader,
custom recovery.
If you don't unlock bootloader forget root.
am sorry for disturbing you. am not asking about root. can I install cwm directly without unlocking... using install update from SD card option in stock recovery...

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
am sorry for disturbing you. am not asking about root. can I install cwm directly without unlocking... using install update from SD card option in stock recovery...
No