Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lock screen on camera (underwater pictures)

Tip us?

FlashT
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Lock screen on camera (underwater pictures)

Hi,
Is there any way to lock screen when camera is on? I would like to make some underwater pictures, but the problem is that when touchscreen is wet, it presses random things... any way to avoid that?
Best regards,
FlashT

AndroidInsanity
Old
Thanks Meter 249

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashT View Post
Hi,
Is there any way to lock screen when camera is on? I would like to make some underwater pictures, but the problem is that when touchscreen is wet, it presses random things... any way to avoid that?
Best regards,
FlashT
Download aqua camera from play store and go into settings and select use volume keys

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top reliable phones I have had: HTC One. LG G2, Nexus 4, Note 2, Nokia 5800, Motorola RAZR V3X, Motorola RAZR i, Nexus 5 Had many more, but these devices were the best IMO.

Current Phone: HTC One M8

Press THANKS if i helped you, it's nice knowing when you have helped somebody out

Hermantje
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashT View Post
Hi,
Best regards,
FlashT
One thing to keep in mind is that the touchscreen only responds to random touches when it is partially under water. Once fully submerged there is no difference in conduction anymore and nothing is pressed - not by the water, nor by touch input. If you press the camera button half-way to focus and then submerge it, you're good to go.

Again, once it's fully submerged, random presses won't occur (that often) anymore. If you submerge your phone quickly, you also lower the likelyhood of random presses. I hope this helps you, and hopefully others who didn't know this as well
Hey, you there.
Yeah, you. Are you aimlessly browsing the web in search of interestingnesses?
Why not check my blog for a minute :')

FlashT
Old
(Last edited by FlashT; 11th March 2014 at 11:57 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@technostein Yes, but it doesn't lock screen... and Xperia has it's dedicated button for photo, so it is basically usless