Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No notifications from Note II

Tip us?

kinsago
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question [Q] No notifications from Note II

Hi all.

I got a Gear from my wife that she got with her S4 (She would never use it). Paired with my Note II (Stock, unrooted) but I'm not receiving any notifications on my Gear.

I've got the gear manager installed and can install apps, configure the device etc. I can make calls and receive calls through the gear but I'm not getting message, email etc notifications. I can view call logs if I go in to the call logs app.

On my device I'm using hangouts (with sms) and Google Gmail app. Notifications (and more notifications) are switched on in gear manager. I've enabled other notifications as well but these are the two most important for me

Software is all up to date. Note II is running 4.3. Both are stock, unrooted, unmodified etc etc

Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks

Barry Sachais
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

On my device I'm using hangouts (with sms) and Google Gmail app. Notifications (and more notifications) are switched on in gear manager. I've enabled other notifications as well but these are the two most important for me

Software is all up to date. Note II is running 4.3. Both are stock, unrooted, unmodified etc etc

Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks

Did you click on the "More Notifications" in the "Notifications" section in Gear Manager?

kinsago
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Sachais View Post
Did you click on the "More Notifications" in the "Notifications" section in Gear Manager?
I did yes.

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 388

DONATE TO ME
Try uninstalling gearmanager, and reinstalling it. When it installs, count how many apps it installs itself. There should be 20+ apps that get installed. You can open the application manager and see how many were actually installed. They will have that lil gear watch logo.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kinsago
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Sachais View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
Try uninstalling gearmanager, and reinstalling it. When it installs, count how many apps it installs itself. There should be 20+ apps that get installed. You can open the application manager and see how many were actually installed. They will have that lil gear watch logo.
That seemed to work. 21 app reinstalled. Re-paired device and sent test email. Notification came thru

Thanks

ronfurro
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Good to hear its up and running.

If your stock, dont forget that the Samsung staff at Best Buy are an easy way to get your products updated, paired, configured, and optimized for free. They always seem bored amd eager to help.

kinsago
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro View Post
Good to hear its up and running.

If your stock, dont forget that the Samsung staff at Best Buy are an easy way to get your products updated, paired, configured, and optimized for free. They always seem bored amd eager to help.
Good idea but unfortunately there's the Atlantic ocean between me & best buy... Hee hee hee. Good to bear in mind, wonder if there are any Samsung stores near me...

Tags
gear, note 2, notifications