Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 38,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems with network search (CM 7.1.0-X8)

Tip us?
 
prezes22
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Question [Q] Problems with network search (CM 7.1.0-X8)

Hello everyone,
Recently I have upgrae my phone to CM 7.1.0-X8 (with kernel 2.6.29.6-nAa-11).
Unfortunately I have a problem when I try to browse mobile networks: an error appears (message 'Error while searching for networks'). I cannot log in to a network different than my own (this will cause problem with roaming abroad).
On another forum I have noticed that someone came across this problem on HTC phone and change of a library file (libhtc_ril.so) helped in that case but I neither have this library in my installation, nor it is a SE phone.
Can anyone help in this case? Thanks a lot in advance.
 
TheScriptKitty
Old
#2  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 188
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mexico City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prezes22 View Post
Hello everyone,
Recently I have upgrae my phone to CM 7.1.0-X8 (with kernel 2.6.29.6-nAa-11).
Unfortunately I have a problem when I try to browse mobile networks: an error appears (message 'Error while searching for networks'). I cannot log in to a network different than my own (this will cause problem with roaming abroad).
On another forum I have noticed that someone came across this problem on HTC phone and change of a library file (libhtc_ril.so) helped in that case but I neither have this library in my installation, nor it is a SE phone.
Can anyone help in this case? Thanks a lot in advance.
Trying using the latest version of the kernel that would be version 2.6.29.6-nAa-13.
Here is the link to the kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1350484
And are you using the Official CM7 for you phone? If you are, trying using MiniCM7 its much better.
Here is a link to the ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1362585
 
prezes22
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty View Post
Trying using the latest version of the kernel that would be version 2.6.29.6-nAa-13.
Here is the link to the kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1350484
And are you using the Official CM7 for you phone? If you are, trying using MiniCM7 its much better.
Here is a link to the ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1362585
Yep, I'm using CM7 official Shakira version. Having read your post I'm wondering at the following issues:
1. What are the differences between official CM7 I have installed and Mini CM7?
2. Basically - current instalation works fine, apart from the network selection. Perhaps it would be sufficient to replace a specific library in my installation with another one from Mini CM7 version?
3. Is Mini CM7 better than normal CM7?
 
TheScriptKitty
Old
(Last edited by TheScriptKitty; 5th March 2014 at 04:55 AM.)
#4  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 188
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mexico City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prezes22 View Post
Yep, I'm using CM7 official Shakira version. Having read your post I'm wondering at the following issues:
1. What are the differences between official CM7 I have installed and Mini CM7?
2. Basically - current instalation works fine, apart from the network selection. Perhaps it would be sufficient to replace a specific library in my installation with another one from Mini CM7 version?
3. Is Mini CM7 better than normal CM7?
Official CM7 is pretty old and discontinued. You can think of MIniCM7 like an update that started when the Official CM7 for the X8 ended. So MiniCM7 is probably better in every way (I say probably because I have never used the Official CM7, but you never hear some one recommend the Official CM7 over MiniCM7). Also a lot of other ROMs are based on MiniCM7 so that says something. Replacing a library will be more complicated than switching Kernel and ROM and who knows if it will even work, you might end up breaking it more than fixing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScriptKitty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
prezes22
Old
(Last edited by prezes22; 10th March 2014 at 11:02 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty View Post
Official CM7 is pretty old and discontinued. You can think of MIniCM7 like an update that started when the Official CM7 for the X8 ended. So MiniCM7 is probably better in every way (I say probably because I have never used the Official CM7, but you never hear some one recommend the Official CM7 over MiniCM7). Also a lot of other ROMs are based on MiniCM7 so that says something. Replacing a library will be more complicated than switching Kernel and ROM and who knows if it will even work, you might end up breaking it more than fixing it.
I have upgraded my phone to MiniCM7 version. It has solved all the problems that existed earlier. Apart from problems with network, also the phone speaker is louder (as with the original SE Rom), FM Radio is also present.
Thanks a lot.
 
TheScriptKitty
Old
#6  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 188
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mexico City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prezes22 View Post
I have upgraded my phone to MiniCM7 version. It has solved all the problems that existed earlier. Apart from problems with network, also the phone speaker is louder (as with the original SE Rom), FM Radio is also present.
Thanks a lot.
You're welcome
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more