XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] EVERYTHING SPRINT Galaxy S4 Model SPH-L720T

Tip us?

JerryGNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by td030981 View Post
You are correct. Lol the other was L710. Sorry.

Sent from my SPH-L720T running OTA 4.4.2 (kit-kat) using Tapatalk 2
NOT a problem!
"Common sense is on perpetual backorder..."
Devices: SPH-L720T MK5 | HTC EVO 4G LTE, HW Rev 0003, S-OFF | Asus TF101 HW B70
>>> If you've found any post helpful, please press its "THANKS" button <<<
Thanks to all the devs (ROMs, mods, themes, apps, etc.) who make our devices great(er)!
"I am NOT who I look like..."

frukyyy
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default Why some apks are installing on external by default?

Sorry for getting of topic a bit!

64GB SDCX died for no reason, I didn't lose much since I barely used it. Tried all to recover reformat with no success. SD formaters see the card as only 6GB but cannot format. I gave up on it since it seems that the card is deffective, Anyone had this issue?

Upon my cards failure I realized that some apk's (XDA for example) installed on external sd card instead on the internal.I put new card and I re-installed XDA, again it went straight to external. But when I installed Voice recorder the installation stayed on the internal. Most likely it's a noob question but first time I encounter this behavior. I would greatly appreciate if you explain how this works or if you can point me toward explanation.
“If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't follow. I'd be at the bottom to catch them when they fall.” - Unknown

JerryGNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by frukyyy View Post
Sorry for getting of topic a bit!

64GB SDCX died for no reason, I didn't lose much since I barely used it. Tried all to recover reformat with no success. SD formaters see the card as only 6GB but cannot format. I gave up on it since it seems that the card is deffective, Anyone had this issue?

Upon my cards failure I realized that some apk's (XDA for example) installed on external sd card instead on the internal.I put new card and I re-installed XDA, again it went straight to external. But when I installed Voice recorder the installation stayed on the internal. Most likely it's a noob question but first time I encounter this behavior. I would greatly appreciate if you explain how this works or if you can point me toward explanation.
Have you tried using this to reformat the card? I've found it to work in situations where other programs dont... -
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

It's possbile there are scripts in the .apk files that cause them to be configured to use the external SD card. IIRC, an .apk can have scripts that are run upon installation and/or removal.
"Common sense is on perpetual backorder..."
Devices: SPH-L720T MK5 | HTC EVO 4G LTE, HW Rev 0003, S-OFF | Asus TF101 HW B70
>>> If you've found any post helpful, please press its "THANKS" button <<<
Thanks to all the devs (ROMs, mods, themes, apps, etc.) who make our devices great(er)!
"I am NOT who I look like..."
The Following User Says Thank You to JerryGNYC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

estalinsp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Greetings gentlemen. My concern is that I have a l720t and I wonder if anyone knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthorne79 View Post
No a custom recovery as in CWM TWRP or PHILZ I tried twrp now I don't have a recovery at all I've done a lot of roots and phone flashes but this is my first Knox and it being a different variant from the SPH-L720 with different software also

Sent from my SPH-L720T using xda app-developers app
Greetings gentlemen.
My concern is that I have a l720t and I wonder if anyone knows of some method to unlock the GSM network to use the micro SIM
thanks ...

bgmg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnex View Post
Confirming Wifi Tether Router to work as Hotspot. Cost $2. Completely worth it. However, kills battery and Spark is so fast compared to my wifes hotspot on regular 4G LTE.

Just wanted to mention that as the OP has nothing yet. I am on MK5. I also heard Hotspot for NAE has been confirmed working. I asked a few days ago, but i have not upgraded yet. Waiting for a custom rom.
Thanks for the update. NAE is not the Sprint 720T or this thread. If I understand the rest of your post, it sounds like you are confirming this tether on a Sprint 720T MK5. I've been unsuccessful getting it to work on a MK5. Ipad sees the broadcast but won't connect as if the tether won't assign an IP to the target ipad. Can you confirm some of your tether settings such as "Interface", "Method", etc?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

youngnex
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmg View Post
Thanks for the update. NAE is not the Sprint 720T or this thread. If I understand the rest of your post, it sounds like you are confirming this tether on a Sprint 720T MK5. I've been unsuccessful getting it to work on a MK5. Ipad sees the broadcast but won't connect as if the tether won't assign an IP to the target ipad. Can you confirm some of your tether settings such as "Interface", "Method", etc?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ok, NAE has been noted to be only for SPH-L720 and not 720T.

I'll be glad to share my Configuration. I'm still amazed it worked and how fast the internet is after testing out.

Configuration:

WiFi Channel: 1
Interface: wlan0(Default)
Method: 3-HostApd
Drivers: nl80211
ApType: ad-hoc
Prevents Stan-by: Checked
HostApd Patch: Checked
Power Transmit Mgmt: Checked

This is the only config that worked for me. I noticed it kills the battery very fast. In fact the phone gets super hot. I have a extra 4500 battery case, so i really dont care, as i have alot of juice left after it killing most of it after a few hours use of it. Hit that Thanks button if it works for you. =)
The Following User Says Thank You to youngnex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bgmg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
All,

Post 1 updated. Mainly just to the Hotspot and Custom Recovery sections. Also added a ROM section.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bgmg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frukyyy
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmg View Post
All,

Post 1 updated. Mainly just to the Hotspot and Custom Recovery sections. Also added a ROM section.
Sacs for 4.3 works with 720T (self evident you lose sparks but LTE is fine with me)
“If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't follow. I'd be at the bottom to catch them when they fall.” - Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to frukyyy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hasbro35
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Worked for me too. Much thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using xda app-developers app

rvilla1217
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default having trouble!!!!!

I have been looking for a 4.4 update for my sgs4. I kept trying to do OTA however the software would update but it was still 4.3. I was rooted at the time. So I flashed the NAE firmware which was actually just the modem. It was fine. I was looking for a cool rom to put on it so I went back to MF9 but the build was at Mk2 the whole time even with the NAE. somewhere along all this flashing the wifi wont turn on I have no sound on the device and I cant boot into recovery because the yellow triangle comes saying something about there being some software that is not samsung. I have tried flashing entire firmwares but all different versions of odin are not responding and to top it all off this is my daughters phone and all she wanted me to do was make it look like mine. I have the note 3 running Kit Katt Killer ver 1.

Tags
galaxy, gs4, mk5, root, sprint