XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX] NO Recovery mode, No download mode, after OTA on rooted LG G2

Tip us?

qweqwe21
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hi I have no recovery mode no download mode after try to update

Vodafone 16 GB Germany

I try this tutorial and now it stuck on lg logo.

Please help me???

SnekTheTenk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlanderZA View Post
As far as I'm aware we still don't have a custom recovery for kit Kat. So if on kitkat you are stuck on stock recovery. The devs are working on it but D802 is pending still.
Edit. So trying to flash any recovery on top of kk is not going to help your problems.
Sent from `The Highlands`
Rom works normally only can not get into recovery and download because I tried to flash TWRP 6.0.3.3 with flashify.
Will it work when flash a recovery for kitkat (when one comes out)?

HighlanderZA
Old
(Last edited by HighlanderZA; 9th March 2014 at 11:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnekTheTenk View Post
Rom works normally only can not get into recovery and download because I tried to flash TWRP 6.0.3.3 with flashify.
Will it work when flash a recovery for kitkat (when one comes out)?
I'm hoping so - but from my reading, it looks like the phone will have to be restored to JB stock with the LG tools and then updated with specially prepared KK ROMS and a special KK recovery. I might be wrong, but that is my understanding of what I've been reading.

My personal advice right now - stay on JB stock if that is where you are - ROOT maybe, but DO NOT install a custom recovery.
Wait for your SP to provide KK via OTA
------------------------------- OR -------------------------
Wait for the KK magic to come from the devs on the LG forum.
I think patience will prevent a lot of heartache and panic.

As an aside - I have KK on my Nexus and it is a very non exciting wow and not the WOW I was expecting.
Just my personal opinion of course - not to be taken too seriously.

See below for the stuff!!!

LG G2 D802
Pardus HD RoMô Classic V
Nexus 7 3G 32GB 2012
Rom: Rooted Stock KK
Galaxy S2 (The greatest phone ever made by Samsung) - Retired
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighlanderZA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cad1988
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default LS980 Question

Sorry if this has been asked already, but i couldn't find any answers. Does anyone know if this method works with after taking the ZVA update? I have my LS980 bricked with only recovery mode accessible.

seangannon1996
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester12345 View Post
any luck on this? as i have same issue
unfortunately not, starting to get worried now, had no phone for a week and it's driving me insane, have you had any luck at all?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qweqwe21 View Post
Hi I have no recovery mode no download mode after try to update

Vodafone 16 GB Germany

I try this tutorial and now it stuck on lg logo.

Please help me???
Stuck in the same position as you on this, if you get any help please notify me asap, i will be much appreciative

giando11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i guys,i have a problem with my d802 i have bricked it...i've used the procedure in this thread with ubuntu...but i only push twrp.IMG because i think the problem are only recovery...but now my phone reboot ever and ever in recovery twrp...my System and data folder are empty... when it's possibile install a rom now?i've used flash tool with kdz but the lgflash tool not ask me region republic off korea and language english but start b2capp directly...tot file doesn't work...i'm very disperated

jester12345
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by seangannon1996 View Post
unfortunately not, starting to get worried now, had no phone for a week and it's driving me insane, have you had any luck at all?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Stuck in the same position as you on this, if you get any help please notify me asap, i will be much appreciative
i sent it in for repair. since it wont go past LG screen or go into download. i dont think theyll see rooted. fingers crossed.

seangannon1996
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester12345 View Post
i sent it in for repair. since it wont go past LG screen or go into download. i dont think theyll see rooted. fingers crossed.
Just gave LG a call and apparently my phone is no longer under warranty because when my screen broke, I repaired it myself, what a joke!

Absinthena
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Basic Question

I have a stupid question - I tried to scan all the pages and I just end up more confused sometimes. I do not want this mess happening to me.

I have a Sprint G2, rooted after ZVA over the air update. I haven't installed a custom recovery or anything else because I don't feel like I've read enough yet to proceed comfortably.
With this KitKat business coming out... Does it force it onto your phone? And am I going to run into a problem, in my current situation, if that happens? I saw someone mention that if your phone is rooted to NOT install a custom recovery if you're anticipating an update. Is this true?

Is there a up-to-date site on dates for Sprint OTA G2 updates?

jester12345
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by seangannon1996 View Post
Just gave LG a call and apparently my phone is no longer under warranty because when my screen broke, I repaired it myself, what a joke!
who is your carrier? mine is rogers and for 35$ they are swapping devices for me

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by giando11 View Post
i guys,i have a problem with my d802 i have bricked it...i've used the procedure in this thread with ubuntu...but i only push twrp.IMG because i think the problem are only recovery...but now my phone reboot ever and ever in recovery twrp...my System and data folder are empty... when it's possibile install a rom now?i've used flash tool with kdz but the lgflash tool not ask me region republic off korea and language english but start b2capp directly...tot file doesn't work...i'm very disperated
u fix you rproblem yet?