Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,156 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Black screen!

Tip us?

grahameaddicott
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Black screen!

My girlfriend dropped her Moto G in a sink full of water. It's now not working.

When I switch on the Phone, I see the Motorola logo, and then the start up animation (rotating planet thing).

After this all I see is a black screen (The phone is clearly on though).

When I plug the phone into a computer, nothing happens.

Phone was taken to a repair shop-guy didn't know how to repair it, but said there was no signs of water damage.

I have used the 'external factory reset' procedure. After this the phone switched on and went as far as the 'welcome' screen you see when you first buy the phone, however I was then bombarded with a looping series of error messages (clock has failed, calender has failed, phone has failed etc).

Switched the phone off and on again, only to be back at my original problem-a black screen.

Can anyone help?

Answers in plain English without techno-babble will be very appreciated

tenjou_89
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahameaddicott View Post
My girlfriend dropped her Moto G in a sink full of water. It's now not working.

When I switch on the Phone, I see the Motorola logo, and then the start up animation (rotating planet thing).

After this all I see is a black screen (The phone is clearly on though).

When I plug the phone into a computer, nothing happens.

Phone was taken to a repair shop-guy didn't know how to repair it, but said there was no signs of water damage.

I have used the 'external factory reset' procedure. After this the phone switched on and went as far as the 'welcome' screen you see when you first buy the phone, however I was then bombarded with a looping series of error messages (clock has failed, calender has failed, phone has failed etc).

Switched the phone off and on again, only to be back at my original problem-a black screen.

Can anyone help?

Answers in plain English without techno-babble will be very appreciated
i am having the exact same problem! though ive already unlocked the bootloader to be able flash any other crom. i hope someone replies a solution..