Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,073 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] corrupted firmware

Tip us?

angrodm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] corrupted firmware

I have recently purchased a galaxy s4 from tmobile. It came with Android 4.3 and is the m919 model. I was trying to make a back up before putting cynagenmod on my phone and somehow jacked up my firmware . Now It won't boot and just goes to the screen saying the firmware has been corrupted. I was looking for the stock os to put back on it before I try again. I have nothing on the phone and don't care as long as I can get it back up and running. I tried to download what I think is the stock rom from samsung updates but only the rapidgator is available and that said 16 hours when I started it yesterday at 7. Now its 6 the next day and still says 14 hours. Anyone have any advice or a link to the stock rom? I don't even care about the stock as I just want to put cynagenmod on it. Can I do that without putting the stock on? Thanks for any and all help.

angrodm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I posted this in the wrong forum can someone move it? I'm really sorry I have been reading on so many different tabs and went to add a thread in the wrong tab.